Tuesday, August 14, 2007

My Grandma's First Project Linus Quilt Top

My mom and I just got back from my Grandma's house. I cut some strip sets for her so she can continue on with two more Project Linus Quilts. We've decided now we're going to give her all of the quilt kits that just have 2 colors; not three. 2 colors are easier for her to see and work with. She had a quilt top done when we got there, I just added the borders for her. We've got her binding all ready for this quilt and the next two that she's working on. Her seam allowances have gotten soooooo much better. I'm so proud of her. Here's a picture of the modifications we made to her sewing machine. We put foam tape on that is actually about 1/2 an inch high and then I covered it in red tape.



Here's a picture of my Grandma and her first quilt top that she's made in about 12 years after a sewing "Hiatus." Isn't she the cutest??



Comments:


Tuesday, August 14, 2007 - Untitled Comment
Posted by Anonymous (24.215.52.160)
Way to go grandma ,she did a great job .And your just wonderful for taking the time to make things easier for her .

Tuesday, August 14, 2007 - Untitled Comment
Posted by lori (24.215.52.160)
Opps sorry forgot to log in

Tuesday, August 14, 2007 - Untitled Comment
Posted by jillquilts (64.12.117.80)
She did an awesome job! I am sure that she is just tickled pink to be sewing again!

Tuesday, August 14, 2007 - Untitled Comment
Posted by Trina (172.165.114.231)
She looks like a sweetheart! She looks like she is enjoying sewing again too.

Tuesday, August 14, 2007 - Untitled Comment
Posted by Vera (74.196.174.121)
She is adorable..... You go Grandma... glad she got back into sewing. It will be lots of good memories for you and your mom later....

Tuesday, August 14, 2007 - Untitled Comment
Posted by CountryQuilter (69.176.35.221)
How sweet! That is so great that she is getting back in to sewing and what a great project for her to work on. I'm sure that makes her feel good. Very nice of you to modify her machine to help her. Kristie

Wednesday, August 15, 2007 - Untitled Comment
Posted by luv2quilt (12.205.65.222)
Oh, how cute! What a sweetie! How proud you must be of her, and how proud she must feel about her first quilt! I bet she can't wait to start on the next one! She's got the quilting 'bug'! What a blessing you and Cindy are to her, and what a gift you have given her by getting her back into sewing!

Wednesday, August 15, 2007 - Untitled Comment
Posted by maryann64 (74.118.54.208)
Jen you are doing a great job spreading lots of happiness and joy to others. I'm sure your grandmom will also get a lot of joy from quilting, having fun with her family and helping others. You sound so busy - enjoying life. Hugs Mary Ann

Wednesday, August 15, 2007 - Untitled Comment
Posted by 51050 (24.176.0.71)
I bet she could see those fabrics! There's lots of brightness and contrast. I'm so glad for her that she can sew again. Rhoda

Wednesday, August 15, 2007 - Quilting Grandma
Posted by LavenderHeron (205.243.70.235)
I just hope someday I'm as blessed to have a granddaughter like you! How fun, and what a beautiful project she made. Isn't quilting the best, for every reason and occasion?!!!

Wednesday, August 15, 2007 - Untitled Comment
Posted by Anonymous (64.229.13.84)
That is a good idea about the foam and red tape and it would be so easy to see. Will we be seeing more quilts from your Grandma? Thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving your comment about the bride. We had a great day. Take care, Rose Marie www.appliqueandpatches.blogspot.com


No comments: