Sunday, August 12, 2007

Patched Works & Pie

My friend Maureen emailed my Mom and I last night to see if we'd like to meet her for lunch and then go to the Patched Works to help her in finding fabrics for a quilt that she is making for her Mother In Law. Of course we were in. I mean, it's Patched Works and Pie for gosh sakes! You can't pass that up!


I just love going to Patched Works. We were immediately greeted by Julie. It's kind of neat; it's like walking into our own personal "Cheers."

Maureen's been organizing her stash and gave me two huge bags of fabric that I can use either for Pillow Cases or Project Linus.

I intended to only buy a piece of orange batik to make a purse for my cousin Tracey. HONEST! Next thing I knew I was joining the batik club which meets every other month. We're doing the 1/4 yards and this month there is a paper pieced pineapple pattern and we have enough fabric to make a table runner or a smaller wall hanging. I think I'll make them up before I decide which I'm going to use. Maybe it will "Speak to me." I'm sure it will because I already LOVE the fabric! We missed the first and second sessions but we were able to pay for last month and get all of our fabric and patterns from it. The next meeting is at the end of September. I also picked up a 6-1/2" wide jelly roll of brightly colored batik's that I'm going to use to make one of those puzzle quilts. I'm not sure if my fabric is the right width; but if not I can figure out how to scale back the pattern to make it work.


1/4 Yards for Batik Club / Rainbow Batiks that I'd like to use for a puzzle quilt

I noticed that they had the Crying Baby fabric that Vera had made her quilt out of. Now I just need to decide what I want to do with it before I buy it. It's just sooo funny to me.

After Patched Works, Maureen came with us back to my mom's house for sewing. I cut out fabric for 3 Wonder Wallets, 2 Runaround Bags and 2 Sassy Bags. My Mom and Maureen played with the new Heart and Flower Yo-Yo Makers. That was a funny sight to behold but I won't go into it because my mom thinks I'm making fun of her. My mom also cut out a Runaround bag and whipped it up. It's sooo cute. Hopefully she'll post a picture of it.

I got done all three wonder wallets and the two RunAround bags. The orange batik set is for my cousin Tracey and the Martini Glass set is going to my Aunt Kitty. I decided to round the corners on the Runaround bags and I really like that look a lot better than the pointed corners. The other wallet will go with a Sassy bag that is for a birthday gift. I'll post that after it's been given. The second sassy bag is for a sweet lady in our Saturday Block of the Month group. She asked if I would make her one so I told her sure; just give me the fat quarters you'd like me to use. It's cut but not sewn yet.

I helped Maureen set up her quilt blog so hopefully she'll catch the blogging bug along with the rest of us!

This weekend is officially over. I'm exhausted. I sure fit a lot in between last Thursday and Now!

Comments:
Monday, August 13, 2007 - Untitled Comment
Posted by luv2quilt (12.205.65.49)
Yes you did fit in a lot this weekend, and I can't tell you how much meeting you and Peony meant to me. You two are so sweet,and I hope you definately will take me up on coming down to quilt with me and letting me get to know you more. Love, Michelle

Monday, August 13, 2007 - Untitled Comment
Posted by MoneikQuilts (209.159.204.1)
Oh the bags are so way cute! It sounds like you had a really good weekend and have lots of new projects to start!

Monday, August 13, 2007 - Untitled Comment
Posted by CountryQuilter (69.176.35.219)
Slooooow down, you are killing me! It is probably a good thing that I don't live close to any quilt shops because, I would be the same way. The Batik club sounds exciting, I love your new fabrics. What exactly is a "Puzzle quilt"? I like your runaround bags, and I agree with you, I like the rounded edges better. I haven't tried the wonder wallet yet, but you sent me the pattern, so I will try it soon. Kristie


No comments: