Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Purse Sewing and Fabric Fusion Velcro

I've been working on this purse for the last few hours now. It's going much quicker since the last two that I made out of this pattern. I have no doubt that I'll get this purse finished, the borders on the three project linus quilts and hopefully part of the second purse tomorrow night. I only have to make the handle and sew it and the front flap on this one and it is finished. I'll have to wait until Friday to post pictures because it's a gift.


This last batch of Wonder Wallets that I made and this Purse that I'm making I'm using Fabric Fusion Velcro. It has a light adhesive stick and then you iron it on from the back side of the fabric. This is definitely one of those times to use a pressing sheet between your iron and project. Full on steam and you iron it in place for 60 seconds and then let it harden. It's supposed to stay put without sewing. We'll see. I can always sew on new velcro by hand if this stuff doesn't stay. If it does work, that would be wonderful because I hate trying to adapt patterns to sew the velcro on indiscretely. A lot of the Lazy Girl patterns just have you sew it on and then you see your threads from the outside. I hate that. I realize I'm carrying around a homemade bag; but I don't want it to scream homemade if at all possible. So, keep your fingers crossed that this works.

Comments:


Thursday, August 16, 2007 - Untitled Comment
Posted by luv2quilt (12.205.65.222)
Ok Jen, give me back some of that energy you stole from me!


Thursday, August 16, 2007 - Untitled Comment
Posted by jillquilts (64.12.117.72)
I hope that the velcro works! I know what you mean about not wanting things to look homemade even though they are. I have no doubt that you will figure out the best way for it!

Thursday, August 16, 2007 - Untitled Comment
Posted by CountryQuilter (69.176.35.110)
Can't wait to see your new purses! I used that velcro on a cowboy costume that I made for Hunter. It worked great and still holding strong! Kristie

Thursday, August 16, 2007 - Untitled Comment
Posted by MoneikQuilts (209.159.204.1)
I'm sure your purse will turn out great. I got the hairbrained idea to make a runaround purse last night without directions! I got it all cut out, quilted and went to sew it together on my serger and it gave me fits! I'm going in to the store tonight to see if they can get it adjusted to work right.

Thursday, August 16, 2007 - Untitled Comment
Posted by SewAndSnip (75.86.248.203)
If anyone can finish this stuff up it's you. Mom

No comments: