Saturday, August 25, 2007

Saturday Fun

With all the rain we've had Mike couldn't golf today. He was as bad as I am without my sewing machine. It was pretty funny. So, we did a little shopping. I had a few errands to run because my Mom's birthday is this next coming week. I was surprised that Mike didn't object to going to craft stores. Some he went in, some he waited in the car. Why is everything I wanted to pick up for her NOT in stock? I'm now going to have to online shop and won't get to give her her gifties on her Birthday. =( Why didn't I start picking things up sooner? Well that would be because we're always together in these stores. We also hit Barnes & Noble, Mayfair Mall and Best Buy. Mike's on a laptop kick latley. It started out a few weeks ago by telling me that his co-worker bought one dirt cheap. He's mentioned it a few more times since then saying that he's surprised that I've never wanted another lap top. Sitting at our desk at home does hurt my back but it never occurred to me to think laptop because our computer really isn't that old and it's still working really quickly. So we're in Best Buy and he points out these laptops. I went in, without the idea and now I can't stop thinking about how cool it would be. You can get an awesome one now for around $400. I wouldn't need the full suites of all my programs that I use because they're on our big computer. I have a external hard drive so anything I want to switch around would be no problem. Now, if I could just figure out before hand what I'd have to do for wi-fi or wireless internet at home and I could see if it would be possible for us. The big kicker was Mike saying I could just put the laptop on my side table, take a picture of what I'm working on and upload it to the net right there. Ughhhh, why did he have to plant that idea in my head?? Then it was all of 4pm and we were eating dinner because the resturant we wanted was on the side of town we were on. We were the only people in El Matador; our favorite Mexican place.


We came home and started cutting out circles for my next Yo-Yo project. I'm going to make yo-yo garland for my Christmas tree. I originally bought a red & green at Walmart but I decided it was too bright for what I wanted. I'd like to make a new Christmas Tree skirt and a Reindeer Quilt and I have stockings started. I have the fabric for the quilt already, the tree skirt can most likley be made out of the quilt's scraps. I decided to pick up 1/2 yards of a Berntex Christmas fabric in red, green and tan/gold. This will match then the other pieces that I'll be making. I guess I should get started soon if I want to have a quilty Christmas. Before I knew it though I was bored with circles and sat down on the couch. 2 hours later I woke up from my nap. DUH!!


Now it was time to head off to the Laundromat with my mom. Yes we have washer and dryers in our apartments but they're the small sized ones. Mike and I always take our blankets off our bed to the laundromats or go when we've got too many towels and such to wash. Sure, it's pricey but sometimes my time is worth more than it would take to stay home to do the laundry. Our dryer typically takes 3 cycles to dry anything. Actually, if the complex would let us we'd rip out their washer/dryer and put our own energy efficient model in. Then when we buy a house it could go with us as an extra to whatever we purchase for our house. Anyway, she was talking about how long it was going to take to do her bedding and I suggested we just do the laundromat. I took our two bed quilts and two quilts that I made last summer. They had their first washings. I'm actually surprised; they're quilts that we use on the couch all the time. It's not that they get really dirty but Holly lays on them too so they get "doggiefied." I had just said it was time we had to work them into the laundry cycle so this came up at a good time. 1-1/2 hours and mom and I were done with all the big stuff. We played UNO while we waited. For the first time in a long time my mom beat me. Granted it's really just a game of chance; there's really not much strategy when there is just two players. UNO is one of the only card games I like to play. That, cribbage and solitare. I'm not big on competitive games.


When I got home, I worked on my yo-yo's while Mike and I watched, "Remember the Titans." It was on cable and then we popped in our DVD. I'm not much for watching Football, but give me a football movie and I'm all over it. I love them.

Comments:


Sunday, August 26, 2007 - Untitled Comment
Posted by jillquilts (64.12.117.71)
Sounds like an exciting Saturday! I got my laptop from Dell last summer and I don't know what I would do without it! I take it everywhere in the house and I used to take it to my friend's house when we would stamp all weekend. I'm terrible!

Sunday, August 26, 2007 - Untitled Comment
Posted by luv2quilt (12.205.65.222)
Sounds like another busy day. I hate going to Best Buy, because I never can say no to my 'wants'...rarely are ever needs..and Oh, all the temptations they have in there! Sounds like you and Mike had fun anyway. I'm sorry he didn't get to golf. What does he do in the winter?

Sunday, August 26, 2007 - Untitled Comment
Posted by CountryQuilter (69.176.32.172)
Jen, Honey, Mike has snuckered you right in on that new laptop! I think it was so cute him telling you how easy it would be for you to load the pictures of your projects... :o) Let us know if you do decide to get one, I've been thinking about getting one for my mom... Kristie

No comments: