Saturday, August 4, 2007

Saturday - A Sewing Frenzy

Wow, I can hardly believe it as I sit here typing. The Trio and the Log Cabin are officially done. The basting tacks have all been snipped, the binding is sewn down and now the labels are attached. The only thing left to do is photograph Alli, Jacob & Katie's quilts. We would have done it today but now it's been raining. I'll be taking advantage of the first bit of dry daylight as soon as it appears and set up for a photo shoot!



It never fails. I got over to my mom's to realize that I had left my thimble at home. Now my finger looks like I poked a million and one holes in it. I got three of the labels sewn on at her house. The Log Cabin label I sewed on at home tonight. The Log Cabin label took me 45 minutes to sew on...that's how slow I am!! I print my labels out onto 200 count muslin that I iron onto freezer paper and send through my printer. My Epson printer has Durabrite inks. These inks don't fade and are waterproof. I LOVE my printer. Quilting was my main reason for purchasing this printer, I've found so many great uses for it.




I also worked on Pillow Cases today to go with the quilts. The Pink with Blue flowered flange is for Sammi. This pillow case will go with the American Girl Doll quilts that I'm going to put together tomorrow. The second pillow case is also for Sammi. It matches her Big Girl Quilt that she got about 5 years ago. Now she can either match her quilt or her dolls! The two white pillow cases with the pink flanges are for Katie to go with her Log Cabin Quilt. I would have made them colored but since the quilt was actually pieced back in 2000, I could no longer find the same fabrics in the store. The blue pillow case is to match Jacob's Quilt, The purple and pink pillow case matches Alli's Quilt and the green pillow case matches Zach's quilt.



Tomorrow I will work on the American Girl quilts. I've decided to use the left over Drunkards Path blocks. I'll have to do some ripping and re-assemble them. It shouldn't take too long...especially considering what I've already accomplished. Tomorrow I'd also like to get done both of my Block of the Month blocks so that they're out of the way.

It's been really dry here all summer. I can't believe I'm saying this because the rain is wonderful but, man I want it to clear up; if only for a little while tomorrow so that I can take pictures of those 3 quilts and upload them to show you guys!!!


Comments:
Sunday, August 5, 2007 - Untitled Comment
Posted by SewAndSnip (75.86.248.203)
I see by the time I'm not the only one who's still up. What a great feeling of accomplishment you must have. The quilts are fantastic, way to go. Mom

Sunday, August 5, 2007 - Untitled Comment
Posted by Anonymous (24.215.52.160)
Way to go Jen you are one determined lady .What lucky recipients to get one your quilts .

Sunday, August 5, 2007 - Untitled Comment
Posted by jillquilts (64.12.116.71)
Jen, you ROCK!! Those kids and your cousin are going to be so happy to get those quilts! What a wonderful gift!

Sunday, August 5, 2007 - Untitled Comment
Posted by CountryQuilter (69.176.35.70)
I bet you are a happy girl to have all of those finished...I love your quilt labels, they are extra nice. Kristie

Sunday, August 5, 2007 - What a stack of quilts!
Posted by mamanance (24.127.100.247)
You must feel a tremendous sense of accomplishment to have finished all of those, and the pillowcases. That is a great idea to make the pillowcases - they can store them in them when they aren't using them, and can use them as pillowcases too. You continue to amaze me at all you accomplish!

No comments: