Saturday, August 11, 2007

Sensational Saturday Shopping Spree Part 1

This morning my mom and I got moving around 9am. We hit my bank, McDonalds, my mom's bank and the gas station and we were actually on the freeway and headed for Madison by 10. We were to meet my friend Michelle and her quilting friends at Mill House Quilts in Waunakee, Wisconsin; just outside of Madison. It was fantastic to get to meet Michelle in person. We met because of my blog and have been chatting non-stop through e-mail ever since. I can't tell you all how thrilling it was to meet a friend who I had made online; in the flesh! She was everything I expected and more. What's even better is that her husband and the 9 other quilters that they brought with them are just as wonderful. I look so forward to getting to know them all better over the next few years. I'm sure I'll be headed to Iowa to quilt with them! It's funny, we were to meet there around 11 and from two completely different directions; Milwaukee and Dubuque we got there within minutes of each other.


Mill House Quilts is such a cool shop! It's so jam packed with so many fabric lines and all so different than what we have here in Milwaukee. I couldn't help myself...I did a bit of shopping. I still had Christmas money left over...yes I said CHRISTMAS from this past year so I splurged a bit.










Here's a showing of my purchases from Mill House Quilts.








Replacement Thimbles

Comments:
Sunday, August 12, 2007 - Untitled Comment
Posted by CountryQuilter (69.176.34.246)
Sounds like you had a blast! I love your purchases. Can't wait to see what you make with your new patterns. Oh, and I love your fabric, I bet the Asian fabrics will make a beautiful quilt. Kristie


Sunday, August 12, 2007 - Untitled Comment
Posted by SewAndSnip (75.86.248.203)
I swear I was with Jen and yet all I remembered she bought was the two thimbles. I guess I just must have been so excited I wasn't paying attention. Cindy

Monday, August 13, 2007 - Untitled Comment
Posted by jillquilts (205.188.117.74)
Those fabrics are gorgeous! I am glad that you gals had a great time!

Monday, August 13, 2007 - Untitled Comment
Posted by 51050 (24.176.0.71)
I really like your fabrics, especially the red, blue and yellow ones. I suppose you'll have them all done in the next two weeks. Can't wait to see what you do with them. Rhoda

No comments: