Friday, August 31, 2007

So many intentions...and a rant from a allergic lunatic.

I fully intended to have my pattern written out. I fully intended to come home from the Ball game and clean my house because Michelle and Lou are coming up from Iowa tomorrow. I fully inteneded to write up some blog stuff. But now it's 1am, I've done none of that and I'm going to bed so I can get up early and clean because before I know it Maureen will be here and Michelle and Lou will be here and let's face it...I'll still wait until the last minute to clean my house and it will still look like a bomb went off when they get here. Oh well, they love me for me, not my clean house. Besides, when I die I'd rather be known for making cool quilts for everyone instead of she had a clean or dirty house.


Oh, and the Brewers won tonight. Remember a few weeks back when I went to the game and had a horrible allergic reaction to the popcorn? At least I thought I blogged about it...too tired to go back and look first. I called the Stadiums food service the next day and she assured me it was vegetable oil. Even called me back to verify that. I even told her I was allergic to peanuts and was afraid it was peanut oil, that I needed to know either way because if it wasn't the oil I had to find out what else set off my allergy. So this whole time I was thinking I was starting to have problems with MSG because my mom does too. Mike goes to get a hot dog tonight and the girl infront of him asks what oil the pop corn is popped with and they told her PEANUT OIL. What the FUCK? I ask the same question and get told vegetable oil? We sit in the same place each time so it was that same stand. I mean here Mike and I were kind of joking about my Epi pen being at the ready. And honestly I should have had him take me to the hospital and someday I'll probably die because I push the limit on trying not to be worried about my allergies. But, OH MY GOD. I ate an entire bucket of popcorn while scratching my face off, and lips started to burn but at the time I didn't think anything was wrong with the popcorn; I just thought it was a freak thing. Yeah, not so much. Am I never allowed to eat anywhere? Should I be in a god damn bubble? I'm upset; I'm so upset. Why couldn't I get that same truth when I called?

Comments:
Saturday, September 1, 2007 - Untitled Comment
Posted by luv2quilt (12.205.65.222)
Jen, is there a plug-in near where you sit? Just bring a microwave to the game with you and make your own popcorn! (I'M KIDDING, for those of you who have already wrinkled your noses and declared that Michelle is CRAZY---ok...I am) Hell...maybe you could sell popcorn right from your seat and make this a money making venture! When someone comes down to reprimand you, just explain your situation, and when they get it figured out, maybe you can enjoy the game again, and not have to worry! And sweetheart, don't worry about your house....I'm not coming to do a house inspection....although.....I DID buy some white gloves at Goodwill today for 38 cents, (white glove dust test???) Hee hee!!! I bought them to decorate in my girly bathroom or my bedroom. Relax and take a deep breath. All will be well! See you soon! Love, Michelle

Saturday, September 1, 2007 - Untitled Comment
Posted by jillquilts (205.188.117.72)
People are just crazy!! I can't believe the different lines that they gave out. You must have a really tough time in some restaurants, too. My aunt had some really bad allergic reactions and I don't think they ever figured out what was causing them. It was so bad, she had to go to perfume and additives free EVERYTHING and make all of her food from scratch until she hadn't had a reaction in a few months and then was able to gradually add some items back in. I couldn't imagine having to deal with that. Anywho, I can't wait to see pics of what you gals get accomplished today. I am assuming that you are quilting, but I guess that could be wrong. If so, I am jealous!! I will be quilting today, but it will be me, alone with the dogs and videos. :)

Saturday, September 1, 2007 - Untitled Comment
Posted by CountryQuilter (69.176.33.5)
I sure hope you are okay! That is terrible. Hope you have fun with everyone today!!! Kristie

Saturday, September 1, 2007 - Untitled Comment
Posted by 51050 (71.89.151.56)
That must be so frustrating when you think one thing you know can't be screwed up - is. Obviously the person who answered the phone was totally clueless about what they actually use and what a peanut allergy can mean. Rhoda

Saturday, September 1, 2007 - Untitled Comment
Posted by Anonymous (24.215.52.160)
I would write a letter explaining what happened and the phone call .It didn't kill you but it may kill the next person .They need to get their information straight and all employs should be educated .Some people are so ignorant ,with me its perfume ,there is two women who wear it to the gym ( why would anyone wear perfume to the gym ) I explained to one lady she was very nice about it, the second one was a real bitch .Finally the owner put a sign up that it was a perfume free zone the second lady left for good .Like my mom used to say nothing like good old soap and water leave the perfume for a special evening .I'm so glad you are ok .

Friday, September 7, 2007 - allergy
Posted by butrfly2200 (209.91.125.213)
Don't they have to post when they use peanut oil cooking stuff. It must be a terrible allergy to have. I can't imagine. It's everywhere. Good thing it didn't do permanent damage. :) Carol

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dear Lunatic (LOL< not so very crazy now, are you)
I have long since given up on people giving honest answers to pertinent questions....you know my life depends on your honesty. It just doesn't seem that honesty rules the day. I am just glad that you are okay...take your own popped popcorn to the game and movies and when asked or stopped for bringing your own snacks tell them that you have allergies and the powers to be are mainly interested in the buck to be made not the health of the public....Sorry, just glad you did not suffer any serious reaction and next time have that allergy shot ready!!!!!
Pam

Jill said...

I am so honored to be one of your favorite blogs to read!!