Tuesday, August 7, 2007

So Sad without Elizabeth

Tonight I dropped my machine off at Frank's Sewing Center for servicing. I think "Elizabeth" needs a good cleaning. My thread cutter is cutting but then the thread gets sucked down into the machine and my good tension is registering at 5 instead of the 4 it's always been at so it was time.


I don't sew EVERY day but I suppose pretty close to every day. It was funny to me to realize that not having the option to sew really affected me. I laid on the couch like a dead fish. Once I was bored doing that I went and laid on the bed to watch TV like a dead fish. My yo-yo's didn't even entertain me. My spare machine is still at my Grandma's house. I could have gone and gotten it OR I could have gone to my mom's to have a whirl on her machine. Mind you; I made myself quite a hefty "To-Do" list for while my machine is away and I couldn’t even get excited about that.

Here's what's on my To-Do list for the week without my machine:

  • Yo-Yo's. I've only got about 40 to go before the Yo-Yo flag will be complete.
  • Iron the 7 pillow cases that go with the quilts for Friday Night.
  • Put the borders on a roll around the first border on my Pineapple Quilt so that I'm ready to quilt.
  • Print off my Triangle Paper for my Ocean Waves Quilt - I actually did look into this and decided that I would need 51 copies. Taking that into account it will actually be cheaper to buy a pack of the 2" finished half square triangle paper because I need 612 of the little buggers. Once I get that I can get it all pinned to the fabric so that when I'm ready to sew I can just go to town.
  • Pin the interfacing to my "Sublime" wall hanging so it's ready to sew.

Or, I could even go get my little machine or sew at my mom's and work on Project Linus quilts or Pillow Cases for Soldiers.

Comments:
Tuesday, August 7, 2007 - Untitled Comment
Posted by MoneikQuilts (209.159.204.1)
I know what it's like to be without your machine. I went insane for the 1 1/2 weeks I was without mine when a fuse blew. Now it's time for the annual cleaning, so it's going to the Sewing Center while I am on Vacation for my brothers wedding. I won't be doing any sewing then anyway. So glad to hear you have so much done for your guests. I'm sure they will be very pleased.

Tuesday, August 7, 2007 - Untitled Comment
Posted by Vesuviusmama (137.113.52.128)
This is a perfect time to plan future quilts, don't you think? Whether designing them on the computer or selecting fabric and cutting it out. Don't despair, your machine will be back before you know it.

Tuesday, August 7, 2007 - Untitled Comment
Posted by CountryQuilter (69.176.33.20)
You poor thing! I remember back once when I only had ONE machine and it broke down on me. I actually cried! Richard came home from work and thought there was something bad wrong. I told him there was, my machine was broke. He laughed a little and the sweetie that he is sent me straight out to buy a new one. I got my old one fixed too. Now I have several, but only one that I really like. Kristie

Tuesday, August 7, 2007 - Untitled Comment
Posted by lori (24.215.52.160)
What a great idea the map is ,its fun just to see where everyone lives .

No comments: