Saturday, August 4, 2007

Yo-Yo Flag

I was just about to hop in the shower when I had the overwhelming urge to sew something for ME. I pulled out my Yo-Yo's and started sewing them together. Right now I have all the yo-yo's that I've made sewn together. I need 2 more white rows and 2 more red rows. In the middle of this my thread cutter died. I think my spring sprung just like my mom's. I'm toying with the idea of dropping it off on Monday. By then my sewing marathon should be done and hopefully I could pick it back up on Friday when I go to Block of the month. Of course, this means I have to get both of those American Girl quilts finished and my block for BOM. Or, I could snag a few minutes here and there on my mom's machine. It's time for a good cleaning and servicing anyway. The last time it was in I think it was October. I get the first 2 years of cleanings and servicings free so I might as well take advantage. February 2008 will mark two years since I've had my Janome6600P.


So here it is. Ignore all the threads. I'll go back and trim them all at some point when I'm "bored." Yeah, like that happens around here?? To sew them together I left my feed dogs dropped. I did a zig-zag stitch of 2.5. On my machine when you start zig-zagging it does a lock stitch so then I just hit the lock stitch button when I was done. I went back and forth about 10 times between each yo-yo. When connecting like colors I used a colored thread, when connecting the different colored rows I used monofiliment thread.




I have issues with monofiliment thread. It takes the shape of the spool that it's on and becomes really curley. Why oh Why isn't there a thread manufacturer out there thinking outside the box on this? Why not put it on a spool with a wider circumference?


Michelle, you could be right about the MSG. My mom has problems with that. I really only eat at one Chinese resturant; the Bamboo House because I know the family that owns it. If ever I have questions about their food I can ask. However, their resturant is the only one that I've never gotten sick from so I've never needed to ask. I'm also leary of the random Chinese resturant because a lot of them use peanut oil. I did find a phone number for the food service place that runs all the consessions inside Miller Park. The woman who answered was very nice and didn't know the answer but I explained why I wanted to know. I left my information so hopefully she'll get back to me.

Comments:


Saturday, August 4, 2007 - Untitled Comment
Posted by luv2quilt (12.205.65.222)
Love the yo yo flag, Jen! Now that you are this far, it won't be long, and you will be finished with that too! Oh, it is a shame you had to steal my energy Jen. I think you had enough already! About the MSG...I also have a SEVERE problem with ASPARTAME..AKA NUTRISWEET. It makes me SEVERLY dizzy. It only lasts a few seconds, and actually, it is not a spinning dizzy, but just like unexpectedly, someone comes up and SHOVES me off balance. It's like I have to grab onto something. At this point, I get scared, and my heart starts racing. It is the most uncomfortable feeling ever. This went on for about 5 years. I went to the drs again and again, and had so many tests done....showing nothing wrong. I tried keeping track of when it happened, and I could never figure it out. At some point, I quit drinking Diet sodas. I quit getting dizzy, but I hadn't figured it out yet. One day at work, I was very tired, and needed a 'pick me up', so I bought a diet soda out of the machine. I drank about half of it, and about 15 minutes later, I had to grab onto the table. I got that 'feeling' again. That is when I decided the Aspartame was the problem. I quit drinking diet soda that day, and started doing a LOT of research. Do you know Apartame is made by MONSANTO...the chemical fertilizer/pesticide company? Do the homework. It causes MANY problems....and for me, I just won't have anything to do with it any more. I do not miss the dizzies....(other than my pshychological conditions! hee hee) Now, I drink tea, sweetened with the 'pink stuff', or Diet Rite, which is sweetened with Splenda. Sorry I got off on a tangent, but maybe you, or someone you know is having this dilemma, and maybe, just maybe I can help. Michelle

Saturday, August 4, 2007 - Untitled Comment
Posted by CountryQuilter (69.176.32.149)
I LOVE your flag! Here I made those two quilts and never thought about sewing them together on my machine. Duh! Kristie

Saturday, August 4, 2007 - Untitled Comment
Posted by 51050 (24.176.0.71)
This turned out so cute! And with the white background it appears that there are stars on the blue. I wouldn't have thought of sewing them together on the machine, either, but I'm glad that worked good for you. Rhoda

Saturday, August 4, 2007 - Untitled Comment
Posted by jillquilts (64.12.116.77)
Very pretty! Doesn't it feel nice to make something for yourself every once in a while?

Saturday, August 4, 2007 - Untitled Comment
Posted by SewAndSnip (75.86.248.203)
I just want to say that I can't believe how heavy the flag is so far. It has much more body than I thought it was going to have. Cindy (Peony)

No comments: