Friday, August 17, 2007

Zoo Ala Carte

When I got home from work tonight I finished up my friend Diane's Sassy Bag. I made a Sassy Bag and Wonder Wallet for her for her Birthday. When I was through, we headed for the zoo.



10 Years ago today my husband and I went on our first date at Zoo Ala Carte so tonight we went to the zoo for our 1st Date Anniversary. AWWWW. Really, we're just not that mushy of people! But, it's still very cool!


Zoo Ala Carte is a 4 day event that the Zoo holds every year. A lot of the more popular resturants vend there; each taking about 6-8 signature items from their menu and show casing them at the zoo. You buy tickets and then go from resturant to resturant deciding what you'd like to try. Durning these days the Zoo is also open at night. I love going to the Zoo, but I really LOVE going there at night. It's just a neat atmosphere. We ate; Cheesy Chicken Enchalada Soup, Potato Skins, Bacon Wrapped Water Chestnuts, Funnel Cake, Mozarella Maranara and Chive Fries.


We went into the shark and stingray exhibit and got to pet both of them. I don't know what's in that water but it sure made me itch!! It was kind of freaky to touch them. I'd pet stingrays before when I was a kid at Sea World but still...that was YEARS ago. We spent a lot of time watching the brown bears. Two of them were playing the same way that Holly and Murphy play with their mouths. The funny part is, Holly is a dog and is extremely loud and vicious sounding. Here these two bears who ARE VICIOUS wern't making any noises at all. What can I say; my dog is a freak!! Anyway, these bears were just hilarious to watch. We also spent a lot of time watching the Giraffe's. I love Giraffe's and now they have a new exhibit where you can actually feed them at their mouth level. I'll have to go back to do that. We visited the Tiger. WOW, did he put on an awesome show. I've never spent so much time watching him. I was enthralled!! He's soooo georgeous.



We got home and I had every intention to work on my project linus quilts or start the next purse because I needed everything done by Saturday morning. Well, I sat down on the couch. Mike and I started watching a show and next thing I knew he was waking me up and it was 1:30. We both fell asleep in the living room for about 3 hours!! So much for getting things done. But I did have a wonderful time at the zoo.

Comments:


Sunday, August 19, 2007 - Untitled Comment
Posted by CountryQuilter (69.176.35.57)
AWWWWW!!!! That is so sweet! Even we quilters need to take a break every once in a while for our hubbys. I love the new purse and gift. I'm sure she loved it. Kristie

Monday, August 20, 2007 - Untitled Comment
Posted by jillquilts (64.12.117.75)
How neat to go back to the zoo for an anniversary! I love going to the zoo, too! And I love the purse. I am going to have to get those patterns to make myself some!

No comments: