Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Batik Pineapple Table Topper

It's coming along so nicely! I think I'll even have enough fabric to make a second one which would be a great Christmas present to have on hand. Or, maybe I'll hang it in my cubical at work. I still have my spring things hanging up. I'm really tired of looking at them.

Hopefully tomorrow I'll be able to sew the four squares together and remove the paper. Then it's just borders and binding; that's the easy part though! I'm not really sure how to quilt it. I think stitching in the ditch might be my best course of action because I don't want to compete with the batiks. Even though I intend to put it on the center of my kitchen table, I intend to put fast finish triangles on the back so that if I ever get a whim to hang it I can.

Tomorrow I also need to run over to the Patched Works right after work so that I can redeem my coupon that is in my coupon book. It expires Saturday and I won't have time to run there on Thursday or Friday.

My Grandma called tonight around 7:45 to let me know that she finished all the Project Linus Quilts that she was working on. They'll still need borders but that is my job. She wanted to know when I was bringing more kits. I don't have anymore and I don't have time to run to Bits & Pieces to grab them quick. I really don't know what to do; giving her things to sew makes her sew like crazy and wear herself out but not giving her something to sew is going to be just as bad!!! Maybe I should call Homespun Creations and see if they are open and if there are any more kits left at their store. If there are I could run there at lunch to grab a bunch. I've got to call Kelly anyway to find out when our first meeting for Project Linus is going to meet. It should be this next Monday.

This is going to be one busy weekend! Thursday night after work I'm having dinner with my good friend Ruth. Friday night after work I'm meeting Maureen at Frank's Sewing Center to baste the quilt she's making for her Mother In Law then we have our block of the month meeting after that. It's our final meeting for this session so we're having a party. I actually think I'm going to take jello shots. Well, jello jigglers. Watermelon Jello with watermelon schnapps. They're quite mellow!! I haven't made them in years. On Saturday, Maureen, my Mom and I are going to the Wisconsin Quilt Expo in Madison. In addition to checking out all the awesome quilts at the show and shopping the vendors we're doing a 1 hour lecture with Eleanor Burns. It's funny, when I was a kid I hated when my mom had her show on. Now, I think she's great. I'm really hoping we get to have her autograph a book or something; that would be really cool!!!!!

6 comments:

Michelle said...

You have been a busy girl! I love your pineapple blocks, and I'm glad your gma is happy. What a difference you have made in her life. Have fun Saturday! You will need a good nap after you have done all that! Love, Michelle

jillquilts said...

The table runner is very pretty! I like the batiks, but if I hadn't made the storm at sea, I would not have tried them on my own. :)
Your granma sounds like a hoot! You better keep her busy!

Debi said...

Very nice, I really like your color choices.

butrfly2200 said...

Can't see anything but blank space today. Think maybe it is my slow connection. I think I might have seen the picture yesterday but I'm not sure now.
:) Carol

butrfly2200 said...

When I went back to the site , there were 2 of the 4 blocks. and now there are 4 1/2 , it must be because of the speed of my dialup.
Haven't seen these ones. They are awesome, I just love them. If you are ever looking for a home.... Fat chance. They would look nice at work if you can put them up there. Wowwwww!!!
:) CArol

Moneik said...

These look really cool! I love the look of batiks, but hardly ever use them. Enjoy spending time with your grandma, you'll cherish it when she's gone.