Thursday, September 13, 2007

Changed the Bargello Already

Tonight after work I met my friend Ruth for dinner at IHOP. It was great being out with her; just like old times. We both just play off of one another so well. Of course; we're probably the only ones who find us funny, but that's ok; we're secure with it! When we got there the hostess asked us how we were doing today. We answered and then I asked her how she was doing. You would have thought I gave her the world. She said in her 8 hour shift, I was the first person to ask her.


I just couldn't live with fabric #5 the light brown where it was so I just ripped it out and moved it over to the rest of the browns. I'm much happier with this. Now I can start sewing the rest of my strip sets together.




I made my Jello Jigglers tonight for tomorrow night's Block of the Month bash. I'm trying something new though. Can it really be considered new when I probably haven't made jigglers in about 8 years? We used to do Watermelon Jello with Watermelon Schnapps. I did a 1/3 of the recipe as the schnapps and 2/3 of the recipe with water. I couldn't find Watermelon Schnapps; only Watermelon Pucker and the one other time we used that it was god awful. So, I opted for Watermelon Vodka and I'm keeping my fingers crossed that it works. I made a double batch so that should have been 5 cups of water. I did 4 cups water, 1 cup vodka. It's probably a little too mellow but I'd rather have them that way than overpowering vodka flavor. Here's hoping they solidify!!

I ordered two new pairs of Crocs and they came in the mail today. I'm sooo excited! Most of you probably don't know but I started wearing Crocs in March and haven't worn a "real" shoe since then. I'm even wearing them to work. They're soooo comfortable. They're coming out with new styles all the time. My favorite ones are the Mary Janes and the Flip Flops. My Mary Jane's are black and my Athens Flip Flops are light pink and grey.

That's all well and good for summer but I needed something to wear for winter without holes. I picked up the Mammoth in Oatmeal and the Troika in Black because they don't have holes (well, the mammoth does have top holes but it will just be my knocking around on the weekend shoes) and they have a little heel to keep you a little higher out of the slush.



It's way too warm yet for the Mammoth, but I think I'm going to give the Troika's a spin tomorrow at work. They might end up on my feet for Saturday's quilt show.

3 comments:

Michelle said...

It does look a lot better. Good job, Jen! Sounds like someone has been productive this week, anyway. It hasn't been me! Tired and achy all week. I think my chiropractor and I are going to have a rendezvous today! Love, Michelle

Moneik said...

Wow I love the bargello now. It looks really awesome. I wish I had time to start one, but I have a few too many projects that have to be done in the near future.

Anonymous said...

I love your fabrics they are so beautiful. Such warm and cozy fall colors. I can't wait to see more progress on it. I know you, it will be great!!!
Kristie