Monday, September 3, 2007

Doggy Dip

Doggie Dip is held at the end of the summer on the last night the Milwaukee County Pools are open. A few of the other pools have already had their's. This was the last one. It was our first time. The proceeds go to the Milwaukee Off Leash Dog parks.

We almost didn't go to the Doggie Dip. At the last minute I decided I was putting the kids in the car and going. My mom almost didn't go because my Grandma was napping. She woke her up and Grandma actually sat in the car with the air conditioning running.

This was by far the most fun I had all summer. Holly isn't much of a swimmer; she HATES the water so I was shocked when she went in up to her "knees." So we wandered around for a while and then I saw these lilypad things so I wanted to go see. I didn't realize that was the deep end and Murphy and Holly didn't realize it either. Murphy stepped right off the edge and went as Mike would say, "Ass over Tea Kettle." About 10 seconds pass; enough time for Holly to see this and notice him go under water and she walks in and does the same thing. Needless to say her eyes were HUGE. After that she didn't want much to do with the water. We wandered around in the shallow area for a little longer. Then I decided I wanted to see if Murphy would swim. We went to the deep end and back a few times. Holly only went once and she was DONE. I'm still not sure that my kid had fun but I sure did and I know my Mom and Murphy did.

We left the kids on their leashs. They could have been trusted to be off but I knew Holly would have left the water and never returned. Since she was on her leash, we left Murphy on his too. It was so much fun to watch all the dogs romp and play in the water. I couldn't believe how many dogs and humans there were.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

We had such a great time at the doggy dip. My fur child Murphy is sound asleep. But he looks happy.

Michelle said...

Wow! I never would have believed there were as many people there had I not seen it in your photos! I have never seen anything like it! You and Peony are good mommies! I bet both Holly and Murphy will sleep good tonight! You too! Michelle

Anonymous said...

That is such a great thing to do for the dogs. They sure enjoyed it and I can tell that you and your mom did too.
Kristie

Anonymous said...

That is a really neat idea for the city to do. And I can't believe the number of people who were there!
Jill

Maureen said...

Ohh Emma is soooo jealous. We did not get home until late so she couldn't go. I can't believe the number of dogs there..Wow. How was Murphy after going in the deep end?

Maureen