Sunday, September 9, 2007

Fabric for Bargello

We just got back from the Patched Works and I picked out fabrics for my Bargello that Joanna is teaching us how to make. I'm in love with my fabrics. Julie; the shops owner and my mom helped me pick them out. I've already named my quilt. It's going to be some variation of, "Burning leaves with Grandpa."



I've got 20 fabrics. I ended up with 1/3 yards. The one on the far right is awesome; it has a little of everything and I might use it as one of the focal fabrics. I went into the shop with 4 from my stash that I bought last summer when The Quilting Bee went out of business. I used my Gift Certificate that I received for telling about myself in the newsletter at work.

I also bought the fabrics to make the new Miranda Lazy Girl bag that is coming out in October. Although, since I can't wait for the pattern I'm going to try to make it on my own using a lot of the things I've learned from Joan Hawley's other patterns. It's just the challenge to see if I can do it or not. I'm not going to breath a word of what I did until after her pattern comes out because my adventure is just about a personal challenge to myself.

It's time to go sew; not sure if I want to start on my Bargello or what!! I think I'll start out with a coaster like the other 4 that I made so that I can have one at work. That'll be my "warm up."

1 comment:

Maureen said...

Jen:

I love the fabrics you picked out for your bargello quilt...very pretty and I really like the proposed title - Burning Leaves with Grandpa. I know you and you will have Miranda figured out before you know it...you have the kind of mind that picks things apart and figures them out.

Maureen