Saturday, June 23, 2007

Fabulous Friday


Work today was AWFUL. They're adding on to our building and they're at the point of doing some painting and drilling holest in the concrete to connect different wires to each building. WOW, was it loud and smelly. I'm really not sure which part I have this aching headache from. My eyes feel like they've been outside with no sunglassess in the brightest sun squinting for about 12 hours straight.

At lunch time I did run over to JoAnn's to get one of the Olfa Circle Rotary Cutters. It started at $23.99, was on sale 50% off and then I got to use my 10% off American Sewing Guild discount card on top of that. I also picked up red, white and blue hand quilting thread to do these Yo-Yo's with. On my way into Jo-Ann's I saw the strangest thing on someone's antenna. I tried to take a picture of it but wasn't very successful catching the entire thing. The bottom half is actually about 2 inches wide by about 6 inches tall of plastic canvas. The top half is all kinds of silver twisted pipe cleaners. I actually stopped to stare and then remembered I had my camera and thought wow, that's so odd that it's blog worthy. I was trying to be inconspicuous so I didn't get to shoot it straight on.

When I got home from work the first thing I did was play with the circle cutter. That thing is SLICK!!!!! It's only down fall is that I'm a lefty and I really want it to rotate in the other direction. There has to be a way to take it apart but I haven't figured it out yet. I had a few minutes while I was at my Mom's giving Murphy his insulin and dinner before we left for the Brewer Game to make 2 yo-yo's. Yep, I'm liking the circle cutter!

The Brewer game against the KC Royals tonight ROCKED! They won 11-6. They've now won 8 out of their last 9 games. It was another bobble head night. Honestly, I couldn't tell you who it was tonight!

On our way home we stopped at "Scary" Pick N Save for some brownie mixes. We're going to a house warming party tomorrow. I made one batch of regular brownies and the second batch I'm trying something new. We make a chocolate box mix cake with cherry pie filling. It's really yummy. So I was thinking, why can't I make brownies with cherry pie filling? I'll try one before I cut them up tomorrow. I did brownie mix, cherry pie filling and 3 egg whites. I'll let you all know if it was a success or failure.

The other day my friend Diane made me a "Lump Cat" out of Polyclay. It's soooo cute. She made four of them. Mine's the blue one with the pink bow. And, I'm stealing the image from her web site because I left him on my desk at work because he makes me smile.

And, as promised....here's a picture of my new 'do. I'm not so sure my mom likes it either because she just gave me this really odd look and didn't say a word. Personally, I like it and I think it's a big improvement. Plus it only takes like 5 minutes and no round brush involved!! I tried to take a picture of the back but that didn't work so well because I was trying to do it myself!


COMMENTS:
Saturday, June 23, 2007 - Untitled Comment
Posted by Anonymous (12.205.65.222)
Jen, I love your new hair 'do' AND you have beautiful blue eyes. Don't worry if anyone else likes it, if you like it, that is all that matters. I know some people aren't crazy about my hair, but I like it, and it just shows my whacky side, I guess. It's easy, neat and clean...and NO maintenance. Sometimes I think about growing it back out, and then when I look in the mirror, I say, no, I LIKE my hair. I'm not asking anyone else to wear it, Thanks for posting your picture....and have fun with your new circle cutter! Michelle


Saturday, June 23, 2007 - Untitled Comment
Posted by trina447 (172.164.7.57)
Cute new do!!! I love the highlights and lowlights too! I tried to use my scrapbooking circle cutter to make yo-yos.........doesn't work so well....LOL Will have to check out Joanns sale.


Saturday, June 23, 2007 - Untitled Comment
Posted by CountryQuilter (69.176.35.71)
Love your hair, and you have the prettiest smile. It looks very easy to fix. That means alot when you have to get up early.

Why on earth would someone drive around with something like that on their car? I would be so embarassed.
Kristie


Saturday, June 23, 2007 - Untitled Comment
Posted by scissorhandscps (69.208.90.46)
Wow, sorry your work day was crummy but at least it's the weekend! Maybe that antenna thing was made by someones kid or grandchild. You wouldn't believe some of the things around here (art wise) But they were made with love to me and they are very special! I really need to get a circle cutter. I could really burn off some stash!


Saturday, June 23, 2007 - Untitled Comment
Posted by 51050 (24.176.0.71)
That antenae thingy is indeed strange! I wonderwhat it looks like going down the highway at 70? You know they can always find their car in the parking lot. It looks like it sticks up about 15 feet! I love your hair. I have worn mine short for years. Partly because when I let it grow long I can't stand it, partly because it makes me look 10 years older. (vanity , you know how it is.) Rhoda


Saturday, June 23, 2007 - Untitled Comment
Posted by bobbinhead (65.31.225.153)
Jen,

I love the hair cut. Just perfect for summer. Sometimes I think about getting my hair cut. Somtimes.


Saturday, June 23, 2007 - Untitled Comment
Posted by SewAndSnip (75.86.248.203)
I absolutely love the new hair cut. I've been watching it go shorter and shorter for the past year and it's fantastic. I didn't notice it last night and I think that was because I was so darn tired when I finally got home from work.
Mom


Tuesday, June 26, 2007 - Love it!
Posted by MoneikQuilts (209.159.204.1)
Jen-
Love the new do! It looks really cute on you. I need to find some motivation at home to post pictures, but when I'm on the computer all day, I have a hard time being on there at night too.
Moneik


No comments: