Sunday, September 23, 2007

First Quilt on my Little Gracie Frame!


I just finished quilting my first quilt on my Little Gracie Frame. Which by the way, I've named my frame Arlene after my Grandma.

The first quilt was a Project Linus top that my Grandma completed. My quilting isn't that great but it's a learning process. I have some pretty big stitches but I have a lot to get used to.

I still can't get my speed controler to work. I don't have the right connections. I think it's going to take a trip to radio shack. I'll consult with my Dad the electrican first just to make sure the voltages and everything aren't ultimately going to hurt my machine.

Here I am setting up:

I think I'm busy saying, "DON'T TAKE MY PICTURE."

Once I got situated my Aunt Kitty called and said her and Grandma were at Hancock's. I told them to dawdle on over once they were done. My Grandma walks in and wanders over by me. I'm just quilting away. She was just soooo excited that she had little tears in her eyes. She's just sooo excited. She was tickled that I was quilting and doing it on one of her quilts.

So here I am, the first quilt is done. I had to set it up "Michelle Style," to take it's picture!

6 comments:

Cindy (aka Peony the House Elf) said...

YAHOOOOOO way to go. I was there for the first quilt and for Grandma's reaction. What a great day for both.

Michelle said...

Gee, Jen, looks like you may be teaching ME something! Way to go!
I am extremely impressed, and I love seeing you have so much fun. Isn't it nice? I'm so proud of you!
Michelle

Debi said...

Great job...I am sure you will grow to love your Little Gracie just like I do.

Maureen said...

Great Job Jen! You look like you are having fun and that's what it's all about. I am so glad that your grandma was there to see you work on your first quilt...how perfect. Keep it up...you rock.

Maureen

Kristie said...

Sure looks like you are having a blast!!! I'm so glad that you got it. You will be quilting up a storm now. Great Job!!! Now when I get mine, you can give me hints!!!
Kristie

Rose Marie said...

Good for you .... in no time at all you will have it down to a fine art and your stitches will be perfect.