Friday, April 13, 2007

2nd Friday Block of the Month Group


I really, really enjoy this block of the month group out at Frank's Sewing Center in Waukesha with Wendy Rieves. This block of the month started in September so we've already made 6 blocks.

Here's the blocks we've made so far:

Wendy Rieves is a great instructor and the pattern is one that she designed. She cuts our fabric giving us full, half or quarter strips. We use thangles a lot for our half square triangles which she also provides for us.

The ladies in this group really make it a lot of fun. They're people I would like to get together with even outside the arena of quilting. It's just the added bonus that we all quilt. To get to know each other a little better, we also created a Yahoo Group named Wendy's Quilters so that we can all chat outside of our group meetings.

COMMENTS:
Saturday, April 14, 2007 - Untitled Comment
Posted by scissorhandscps (64.108.73.229)
Wow! These pack a punch! They are just beautiful. I used black for my background on the block exchange. I hope others use black :0)


Saturday, April 14, 2007 - Untitled Comment
Posted by Vera (68.99.125.138)
Those colors really stand out againt the black fabric. Love the colors.BOM are always fun to do...


Saturday, April 14, 2007 - Untitled Comment
Posted by CountryQuilter (69.176.33.2)
These are beautiful. I love the bright cheery colors. I especially love the 3rd block with the star. Very nice.


Sunday, April 15, 2007 - Untitled Comment
Posted by Dawnmarie (152.163.100.14)
Love the colors. I have used Thangles. I don't know if they are my thing. But they do work well. Beautiful Work.


Sunday, April 15, 2007 - Untitled Comment
Posted by orchidlover (90.196.228.227)
They are stunning. I love black as a background to bright colours. What patterns are being used

love and hugs gina xxx


Sunday, April 15, 2007 - Solid black?
Posted by mamanance (24.127.100.247)
Jen, those are beautiful blocks - and definitely stand out against the black background. Is it a solid black or something with a bit of design or mottleness (is that a word?) in it? I've not yet used anything completely solid in color, but do like fabrics that give that appearance sometimes.


No comments: