Friday, April 13, 2007

A few fun Quilting things that I did Yesterday

First I stopped by the Library to pick up two Carol Doak books that they were holding for me. Your First quilting book (or it should be) and Stash Quilts. I went through the library database and reserved all of Carol Doak's books that they had that I didn't own. So as they trickle in I can spend some time reading through and deciding which ones I need to buy. I've found that I really like her books. I could easily become a Carol Doak book addict in the same way I'm an Eleanor Burns book addict.

It was also my night to go to my Quilting Bee's quilting Group. We discussed upcoming workshops and I purchased a kit for a quilt as you go braided table runner which Jan Krueger will have a workshop for in June. I'm also signed up for the workshop but who knows, I may decide to give mine a try before then and just cut myself up a second kit for the workshop. Another all day quilting workshop has been planned for April 28th. I don't know if I want to work on pillow cases for soldiers that day, if I want to work on some of the groups quilts that will later be put up for raffle or take my own project. I have about 2 weeks to decide so I'm sure I'll come up with something. Maybe I should make it a quilt basting day and take all my quilts that need to be basted and hijack a few tables to do it on. If they're basted they're one step closer to being quilted…right?? For the most part I do have most of the batting and backings already purchased for them. Jan then spoke of Mary Ellen Hopkins coming for a workshop on June 2nd. I'd like to attend but can't because of the MACC Fund ride that we do every year. Then it was time for the workshop portion of our meeting. Jan handed out a pattern for a table runner on point which someday would be nice to make and a handout on making floaters - a "how to choose the right size." The last part of our meeting was something I'll have to remember to quick grab my jacket and run out the door before next time. The whole group stood around and helped pick out fabrics for some group quilts that will be made at the workshop. 30 some ladies standing around saying, yes or no to each fabric. YIKES. That's just not my thing.

On my way home from the meeting I decided to stop at Barnes and Noble to pick up Jennifer Chivarini's newest book, "The Quilter's Homecoming" which came out in the beginning of April. I've read all of her books so far and can't wait to start this one. I'll have to type up a book review when I'm finished!!

Tonight I go to one of my two Block of the Month groups. I'll have to post about that later; they're such a fun group. Tomorrow is the Mukwonago Quilt show. I really really really need to get in gear and finish up those 5 Project Linus quilt tops before Monday night. Looks like I'll be sewing into the wee hours tonight!



Comments:
Friday, April 13, 2007 - Untitled Comment
Posted by scissorhandscps
I'll be thinking of you as I'll be quilting late on the basketball quilt:0)


Saturday, April 14, 2007 - Untitled Comment
Posted by orchidlover
Do you take time to eat or sleep at all?

love and hugs gina xxx

No comments: