Friday, May 11, 2007

Friday - Block of the Month, Grocery Shopping & Airport Pick Up


Tonight my mom and I went to our Friday night Block of the Month group. Wendy had so many really cool things to show us that she brought back from Paducah. Of course this prompted me to buy a few of the new things! A new paper piecing book of really amazing spiky, pointy things (I seem to be hooked on those lately, maybe because they look so impossible), a pattern to make a cell phone holder, a ruler for curved edges and a few things for my Mom & Grandma for Mother's day.

Maureen spoke to us all about a challenge to do a mini quilt for Altzhiemer's Art Quilt Initiative. Ami Simms has raised over 63 thousand dollars so far. All the mini quilts get auctioned off. I'll definitely be making one of these. Did you realize that 1 out of every 2 people over the age of 65 has Alzheimer's? That's a staggering statistic. I'll blog more about this challenge in the upcoming days because I think it deserves its own post.

After Block of the Month, Mom and I did my grocery shopping for Sunday's party. Can you believe I haven't been in a grocery store since my "experience" the day before Easter? I picked up the ingredients for a Birthday Cake for my cousin Jean, Pasta Salad, and the juices for the Hurricanes that we're going to make. We then had nothing to do but wait, and try to stay awake between 10pm and 12:30am as we wanted to be at the airport to see our incoming Arizona family even though they were all picking up rental cars. I spent the time cutting out a few purses for my friend Diane and her daughter Katie. When we left for the Airport I was much more so awake than my Mom, that's for sure! Finally around 1:30am we saw them walking through the terminal. Coming home this trip was my Aunt Karen, Cousin Erin and her husband Ronnie, Cousin Sean and his wife Henriette. While they're in town, we're throwing a Post Nuptial Party for Sean and Henriette.

I didn't get home until 3am!!


COMMENTS:
Sunday, May 13, 2007 - Untitled Comment
Posted by scissorhandscps
Gald your home safe:0) Just read your experience over Easter. How rude! I wore my MP3 to the store once and received a bunch of strange looks. What's with people!!!


Sunday, May 13, 2007 - Untitled Comment
Posted by CountryQuilter
Wow, what a busy day. I'm sure it will all be worth it when you get to spend time with your family.
Can't wait to see what you make from your new book. How much of your wallhanging do you have done now? The green one. I really like that and I can't wait to see it when its finished. But I know you have been so busy making all of those purses. I just don't see how you do it all.
Kristie

No comments: