Friday, September 14, 2007

Giggle, Sew it went like this...

Maureen and I were at Frank's Sewing Center right after work to baste her Mother In Law's Quilt. As we were basting Wendy and Brad were telling us about their upcoming 35th Anniversary Sale in two weeks. Then they got to the good part. The have a Grace and Little Grace quilting frame in their shop. New models are coming out that they need to have in their store so they needed to sell the floor models and cheap. So I immediately decided the Little Grace needed to come home with me! I'm so excited!!! We shoved; and I mean shoved it into my Mom's Chevy Tracker which I then needed to drive home because I had a frame to the head...giggle. On Sunday I'm going to work on putting it together out in the garage because I don't have the directions; Brad was going to have to look for those. Sue in my BOM group has one as well, she was going to try to get her hubby to scan them for me. I've seen how it goes together but you know, that's irrelevant at this point! I've even got the practice sandwich that was on it at the store and Brad sent me home with the Leaders that Wendy had made for it at the shop!! It's funny though, it has hex screws where it could have hand knobs and right next to it will be one with a hand knob sooooo when I get to work on Monday I'm going to look up some part numbers and put hand knobs on all of them to make assembly and disassembly go much quicker.

In two weekends, my Mom and I are going to visit Michelle in Iowa. I'm hoping to get lots of Machine Quilting tips from Michelle as we do a quilt on her frame.

6 comments:

Cindy (aka Peony the House Elf) said...

Jen's Little Gracie is now still in my car, locked in my garage until after the quilt show today. I was on the phone with her yesterday and she yelled something but I couldn't understand her and then she hung up. Boy was I surprised when I got to Franks and she told me. Next it's time to name the quilter.......
Cindy

Michelle said...

Jen! How excited you must be!!! You will never want to quilt the old way again! I am so excited for you and Peony to come down and use my quilter!!! There will be lots to learn,and as talented as you are, that will be a 'snap'!
I love you!
Michelle

Kristie said...

bOh Jen!!! How great!!! I need to see photos and hear more about this frame. I am so happy for you, this is like a quilter's dream...
Kristie

jillquilts said...

I am so jealous!! HOw great for you to get the frame!!

Debi said...

Jen, what a wonderful find. I also have a Little Gracie Pro and have it set up for King Size quilts. It is a great frame, which sewing machine are you going to use with it?

Moneik said...

Wow! I'm so jealous. I have always wanted a quilting frame. I told Paul he could get me one for a wedding present! I think I'll keep dreaming, but he did say someday... Congrats on the new frame. I'm sure you'll be awesome at it in no time.