Thursday, September 27, 2007

I'm So Tired

Last night I was sitting on the couch minding my own business, cutting out my Halloween Wallhanging when I start to smell smoke. Like something is burning type smoke versus someone outside having a cigarette. It grew stronger and stronger until I decided something HAD to be burning. I go wake up Mike and tell him I think there's a fire. I wake up Holly who is refusing to get off the bed. I tell her if she doesn't get up I'll wrap up the quilt she's in and carry her out. I throw on a sweatshirt, a pair of shoes, grab my purse, cell phone and keys and fly out the door because I'm completely without a doubt serious that something is on fire. Mike takes his precious time. Comes outside, walks to the edge of the building and without a word walks back in. I figure he's going up to check on something. After 10 minutes or so, Holly and I are STILL standing outside. I'm wondering if something happened while he's in there beause why is he not coming back out? I'm too afraid to go back in. I contemplate calling him because yelling for him isn't working so finally Holly and I fly up the stairs to check. HE WENT BACK TO BED.


I'M STANDING OUT THERE WITH THE DOG THINKING THERE'S A FIRE AND WONDERING IF I SHOULD BE CALLING 911 OR NOT AND HE'S IN BED?


I couldn't sleep. I bet I didn't fall asleep until 4:30 because I was so worried about where this smell was coming from thinking if I fell asleep I wouldn't know if it was a fire or not.


I'm also livid that he just went back to bed. Never bothering to say he thought everything was fine.

Ok, if I'm talking about bundling up a quilt around my dog who won't get out of bed to throw her over my shoulder, everything is NOT fine.

9 comments:

Michelle said...

The full moon is definately upon us??? I would be very upset too.
So, I wonder what you smelled?

Moneik said...

I would have definately been really PO'D. I know how you feel, guys can be so oblivious to responding to our need for confirmation. You have my permission to smack him!

Cindy (aka Peony the House Elf) said...

OMG does he need me to come over and smack him one upside the head? If you smelled smoke you smelled smoke. I'm glad it wasn't anything in your apartment or your building but it was somewhere. I agree with Michelle it's the moon.

Maureen said...

Wow...should I come over and smack him in the head. Did you ever figure out what the smell was?

I'm just glad you and Holly are all right...oh yeah...Mike too. :-)

Maureen

Kristie said...

Poor you!! That reminds me of the snake I had last week. I was scared too death, and he did even want to look for it, he just said "well if it is a black snake it won't hurt anything, just leave it alone." MEN!!! I really wonder about them sometimes!!!
Kristie

jillquilts said...

Men are dorks!! We just need to leave it at that. I hope it wasn't anything serious!

Suzan said...

Men think women get hysterical over little things. Women think that men are oblivious. Kinda makes you wonder exactly what God's big plan was when it came to the differences in the way each gender thinks!

Anonymous said...

Hey, Jen...

I'm sorry I haven't been on lately. I just get very easily frustrated with this blog thing. Or maybe it's another kind of frustration?????LOL. Anyway, I love your bargello, I think it's adorable that you store "stuff" in your trunk and you have a very lucky dog...and husband for that matter.

I need to know what to do...I was nominated for a MEME by Jill but I went on her sight and I don't know what I am supposed to do??? And I can't find Jill today???

Yes, Jen, I am blonde...some days that's a real hard thing to be.

jaja

teresa said...

as far as smacking him upside the head, I second that emotion!