Monday, April 16, 2007

A few more Postcards in the works

I spent most of the evening laying on the couch. My back has really been bothering me lately. My last massage just didn't seem to put a dent in how tight my muscles are. I have one particularly pesky one right below my right shoulder blade. It actually acts up when ever I am sitting down. If I'm up and walking I'm good to go. Of course it doesn't help that I spend 8 hours a day sitting at work. I even skipped my Project Linus group tonight. I just couldn't see sitting and sewing for a few hours. I was pretty bummed though because I really like the group. I'll drop my quilt tops off on Saturday when I go to my other block of the month group. I'll stop by the other store one day this week during lunch to pick up more kits for the quilt tops.

Finally at about 9:30 I decided enough was enough and started on two post cards. I have the tops done; tomorrow I'll quilt them and get the backs printed. I really like how the 30's one turned out except I screwed up when I wrote the "H" and for the pink one; well, the pinks looked more different before they were sewn right next to each other. It's still pretty, just not what I envisioned when I started it. Oh well, live and learn!

COMMENTS:
Monday, April 16, 2007 - Untitled Comment
Posted by Dawnmarie (205.188.116.134)
how cute. sorry your back is bum.


Monday, April 16, 2007 - Untitled Comment
Posted by CountryQuilter (69.176.34.175)
I just love these, especially the one in the 30's fabric. Love that stuff. Sorry about your back. I was in a car accident a few years ago and I have a pinched nerve in my shoulder, so I know how you feel. Then you get mad because you can't do anything. Hope you feel better. How many Project Linus tops are you making?


Tuesday, April 17, 2007 - postcards
Posted by lori (24.215.52.160)
Love your post cards be careful they are very addictive LOL Sorry to hear about your back I just finished two weeks in bed because of back muscle pain .Hope you feel better soon, may I suggest you slow down on the quilting you sound like myself and want to get everything finished quickly I have since learned to take my time .Well I try anyways LOL


Tuesday, April 17, 2007 - Untitled Comment
Posted by scissorhandscps (69.208.82.113)
Being a pet groomer ,I can relate to your back pain. Sitting is the worst thing for your back. Sorry you have to sit so long at work :0( Hope it gets better soon! Thanks so much for voting!


Tuesday, April 17, 2007 - pretty postcards
Posted by mamanance (24.127.100.247)
Jen, sorry to hear about your back. Too bad we can't quilt standing up! I am curious about the postcards - are you sewing directly onto the Timtex or do you somehow attach it to that when you are finished. How do you finish the edges? and what do you put on the address side of the card? I've seen and admired all of the ones posted on the Carol Doak Yahoo Group, but I still don't "get" it.




Moody friends. Drama queens. Your life? Nope! - their life, your story.
Play Sims Stories at Yahoo! Games.

No comments: