Monday, April 23, 2007

Quilt Shop Hop



There has been so much going on that I didn't get a chance yet to write about our Saturday of Quilt Shop Hopping!

We started out at Bits & Pieces with our shopping. They were having a 20% off sale. I bought a 42 fat quarter set of Celebrate Spring by Sandy Gervais & Moda. I haven't decided on a pattern yet but I think I'll make them into a bed quilt and a wall hanging for our bedroom. I'm sure Mike will just be just thrilled to sleep beneath such girlie fabric! I also bought 4 cuts from the Sunshine by April Cornell & Moda collection. These will be made into the Chelsea Backpack by Lazy Girl Designs.

Celebrate Spring Sunshine

We then moved on to Fabric Fusion in Brown Deer. That was my first time there. They have lots of batiks and hand painted fabrics. They were gorgeous! I'll definitely be going back there again. They also have a lot of really nice classes on their schedule. Things much different than the other area stores. I bought some batiks and hand painted fabrics to put into a wall hanging.

Batiks & Painted Fabrics Wall hanging that I want to make

Our next stop was Dovely Quilts in Milwaukee, another store that I hadn't been to before. Sarah the owner is a very sweet woman. It's nice to see someone around my own age as a store owner. I purchased some additional yardage of the fabrics that I bought last weekend at the Mukwonago Quilt Show (The brown and teal pieces). These will be made into the Gracie Handbag by Lazy Girl Designs.

Our last stop was The Patched Works in Elm Grove. I purchased quite the array of fabrics there, nothing that goes together!! The purple pansy fabric I'm thinking of using in a Central Park quilt. I can't find a link to the pattern but the center of the quilt is just your focus fabric, you then add a 3-4 inch border and around the outside you place 2 rows of 4 inch squares in accent colors. I just love the pansy fabric and don't want to cut it up so this seems to be a great pattern to use it in. The second fabric I'm adding to my collection of browns and teals for the Gracie Handbag. The Breast Cancer print I didn't buy with a project in mind, I just want to have the fabric in my stash. The stripe is the binding fabric for a quilt that I made earlier this year that I haven't posted yet. It was a kit, and in all honesty I only bought it because I was drawn to the striped fabric, the rest of the quilt I'm not so sure of, it's really out of the box for me.

Our Quilt Shop Hop was definitely a success. My mom sure has a lot more control than I do. I was buying things that I fell in love with. Normally I don't buy so much fabric at once, but I think I was buying to get my mind off of my back pains. We had a TON of fun!!

COMMENTS:
Tuesday, April 24, 2007 - Untitled Comment
Posted by Vesuviusmama (69.19.14.21)
What beautiful fabric! It sounds like you had quite a bit of fun, but I also imagine your wallet was much lighter at the end of the day! If you can buy that much in one day, I would love to see your stash!


Tuesday, April 24, 2007 - Untitled Comment
Posted by 51050 (24.176.0.71)
All the fabrics are beautiful - I love the blues and yellows together, but I REALLY love the pansy fabric! I want to see that quilt when it's done! Rhoda


Tuesday, April 24, 2007 - Untitled Comment
Posted by Cre8tiveQuilter (69.216.24.194)
Actually, I really don't have a stash! Anything that's big enough and left over gets used up for Project Linus or gets made into a Pillow Case for soldiers. Last August when I started making pillow cases I went through my fabric and sewed it all up. Since then I've just bought what I need for a project.


Tuesday, April 24, 2007 - Untitled Comment
Posted by CountryQuilter (69.176.34.241)
Sounds like you had so much fun. I wouldn't know what to do with so many shops. We don't have any close. I love the fabrics. I want them :)


Tuesday, April 24, 2007 - Untitled Comment
Posted by scissorhandscps (68.74.137.61)
Wow! Nice haul. Love all those colors. Our shop hop is in August. Can't wait! :0)


No comments: