Monday, April 30, 2007

Woo hoo, my Gracie Handbag is done!!



I just finished my Gracie Handbag!! It turned out soooo nice. I love it. It was also great to see that my Bag-E-Bottom came in the mail today. I've got to say, that placing an order through the Lazy Girl Designs web site is the way to go. They ship so quickly. I think I ordered this stuff last Thursday. So now my purse has a nice hard bottom and stands up really nice. I really like that these bags are made in a manner that you can pull the bottom out at any time and move it to a different purse. It's very versatile. I can't wait to make a matching wonder wallet, a zippered pouch for my digital camera and one for my mp3 player. I have quite a bit of fabric left over so I'll probably make a Chelsea tote too. Then I'll have lots of choices for all of my matching goodies. But before I do all of that, I really want to make my blue and yellow Chelsea tote so I can carry it to Friday's Brewer Game, I'll need something to hold my Jim Gantner Bobble Head! As soon as I'm done typing I'll have to "Move In" to my new purse and then go to bed! One of the ladies in my Saturday block of the month club pointed out that the Moda fabric line is very similar to the Java Blue line of Vera Bradley bags.

Yesterday I worked for about 8 hours on the borders for my purple and lime wall hanging. I started back up with them tonight but since we had a thunderstorm rolling in, Holly was hiding under my sewing table and it was getting frustrating trying to deal with her and the precision of the paper piecing. Oh well, another night!

I came to work this morning to find that my friend Diane had made me a pretty awesome ring out of poly clay. She never ceases to amaze me! I LOVE it!!! Thanks Again Diane!!

COMMENTS:
Tuesday, May 1, 2007 - Untitled Comment
Posted by scissorhandscps (68.22.246.2)
Awesome job on your purse. I love it! The borders are gorgeous, is that part of the pattern or did you draw it up??? Nice ring too :0)


Tuesday, May 1, 2007 - Untitled Comment
Posted by CountryQuilter (69.176.33.31)
Well, aren't you just a busy little bee. I love the handbag. I think that one is prettier than the Vera Bradley. How long did it take you from start to finish? Can wait to see the wallhanging finished. You people that paper piece amaze me, I guess someday I will have to try it for myself. Oh, your friend is very talented with the poly clay. I've never saw a ring made out of it before. How do you find the time to do all of this stuff and still work?


Tuesday, May 1, 2007 - Untitled Comment
Posted by Vesuviusmama (137.113.52.128)
Everything on your blog is always so lovely, but also inspiring as well! I love how you tackle the non-traditional.






Be a better Globetrotter. Get better travel answers from someone who knows.
Yahoo! Answers - Check it out.

No comments: