Monday, May 14, 2007

Guilt


I've been thinking over the past few weeks that I set my Charitable sewing goals a little too high. Although I *could* accomplish them, I'm really missing out on a lot of sewing that I enjoy doing for myself. Here it's only May and I'm admitting defeat. I'm not saying I don't want to keep doing it, I just feel so bogged down. It's supposed to be for fun, not a job. I seem to be putting all this guilt on myself. Am I a schlump if I change my stuff to just what I've done and be excited by the amount by the end of the year, taking the goal away?

Amidst all this, I received the following email. The pillow case Karl kept is the one that I made, the fabric that my mom saw out of the corner of her eye at Joanns. Of course this makes me want to keep sewing, but when is it ok to say enough, I need some me time?

----- Forwarded Message ----
From: Karen
To: Jen

Sent: Saturday, May 12, 2007 6:08:05 AM
Subject: Re: thanks for the pillowcase

I found a few more pillowcases that the Racine Lighthouse quilters had made that had an Aloha spirit to them and shipped them to Karl along with the one you made. He shares everything he receives with his guys. Here's what he wrote:

Thanks for all your help! As another soldier wrote "What you do is no small thing."

Karen


Karl wrote:

we got the can food stuff to day in the mail and i wanted to say thanks. Things have been pretty busy here so i can't really keep up on the email thing as much as i'd like to. I shared the stuff with the guys including the pillowcases. I like the one that I kept with the 50's style pinup girls. Please thank the maker of the cases as it looks like a lot of effort was put into them. Happy Mother's Day. Please keep in touch. Still no word on the extension for sure but we can expect at least 2 months. We are banking on that.



COMMENTS:
Tuesday, May 15, 2007 - Untitled Comment
Posted by CountryQuilter
Jen, honey, quilting is suppose to relieve stress not add it. From what I've seen, you've done more charity sewing than most. Do something for yourself. No one would want you to stess out over it. So STOP!!!
Kristie


Tuesday, May 15, 2007 - Untitled Comment
Posted by lori
Jen I do a lot of charity quilts myself but the day it feels like a job instead of fun I would quit. Relax , just do what you can and enjoy it .


No comments: