Friday, September 7, 2007

My Funny Friday Night

My Mom came over for dinner tonight. After dinner she was sitting on our couch. First she was cold so instead of turning down the Air Conditioning she said that's what quilts were for and wrapped up in one. I was cutting pillow case parts out of this big box of donated fabric that I have. I got about 26 bodies cut out and now I have to go back and cut cuffs and match flanges. Little by little she edged down into the couch, next thing I knew she was out cold. I grew bored of cutting so I decided my toe nails could use a fresh coat of polish. I'm working away while sitting on the floor with my back against the couch. All of a sudden there's feet on my shoulder, and these feet are PETTING my shoulder. I was laughing soooo hard. I took that as a sign that my Mom wanted her toe nails polished. Well, they needed to be trimmed first so you guessed it, there I sat cutting them. From our spare room we hear Mike yelling, "YOU'RE GOING TO VACUUM WHEN YOU'RE DONE. THAT'S THE ONE PLACE IN THE HOUSE I LIKE TO LAY, YOU CAN'T DO THAT OUTSIDE??" We were all laughing at this point; even harder when he brought the vacuum out and put it in the center of the living room.

In the end we got sucked into watching two movies that were on cable. I popped a little popcorn and we sat back while our nails dried. Of course, I ended up going to bed without packing my bag for Saturday's Sewing Social.

4 comments:

Michelle said...

You two ladies are just so silly! That's why I love you so much!
Michelle

Anonymous said...

Poor Mike! Thats funny, because I get on to Richard for doing that. You guys seem to have so much fun.
Kristie

Maureen said...

Of course quilts are what being cold is all about...turn that air conditioning up and pull out the quilts!!! :-) You to are so funny together...I'm glad you have such a good time together!

Maureen

Moneik said...

You two have so much fun together. I can see my mom and I doing that... oh wait we did the morning of the wedding I was painting her toenails before we got dressed. So glad you have a great relationship with your mom.