Saturday, September 29, 2007

My Speed Control Cable

It arrived today!! I just tested it out on my machine and it works. Now I really can't wait to hook it up to the frame so I can just quilt away.

I've also been giving thought to making new leaders out of canvas with zippers. I'm going to need a small set and a long set. I'll probably make an additional small set so that I can quilt a quilt but have another one pinned and ready to go on.

I can't wait to learn all the ins and outs on Michelle's tomorrow.

I ended up not cutting my backing. I'll just do that tomorrow when we get there. Yeah I know I should have been more prepared. Sigh.

4 comments:

Kristie said...

The zippers sound like good ideas to me, but of course I don't know anything about a quilting frame. Can't wait to hear about your time with Michelle hope you get lots of pointers.
Kristie

jillquilts said...

Woo hoo!! I can't wait to hear about how it works once you have your 'training!' :)

Maureen said...

Have fun training with Michelle! You are so funny...I'm surprised you are not going to have three leaders ready in a variety of sizes so others can prep while you finish one...it will be a big production line of quilters. LOL :-)

Maureen

Moneik said...

Sounds like you are going to have a great time while you are there. I've been thinking of you all day today! Making the leaders is a piece of cake. My mom makes them for the store to sell with the machines.