Saturday, April 14, 2007

Mukwonago 20th Annual Quilt Show


Today I went to a quilt show held by the Crazy Quilters Guild with my Mom and friends Gale and Chris. We had a great time and it was nice to see all the gorgeous quilts. Both Gale and Chris had been to Rosemont yesterday for the International Quilt Festival and were sad that there weren't more traditional quilts, that all were art quilts. Today's quilt show was full of wonderful traditional quilts. I took a LOT of pictures, to see them CLICK HERE.

I purchased two Lazy Girl Designs patterns, the Chelsea Tote and the Gracie Handbag.

I picked up 1/2 yards of these fabrics which I'll use to make one of the above bags, or the Sassy Bag and then a matching Wonder Wallet:

These fabrics are by Michele D'Amore for Marcus Brothers Textiles, Inc.

I also picked up these fabrics with tote bags in mind:

These fabrics are by Troy Corporation, Riverwoods Collection - From "A" to "Z" by Kathy Brown of the Teacher's Pet.

This fabric is by Holly Holderman, Day Z Duette.

My floral fabric is on the bottom of this Bucket Tote Bag. Now I think its fate that I own this fabric and it's on the Lazy Girl Designs Blog!!! I guess that means I've got to buy the "Bold Bags" book. Which is fine by me because I'm a pattern and book junkie!

I also bought a 1/2 yard of this:

. I'm going to make my dog Holly a bandana out of it since she's a little over weight these days and we've taken to calling her a "Chunky Monkey."

I also bought a pink panel of fabric that says:

Ode To A Stash

I love you,

my elegant stash;

you're dearer than

all the world's cash.

I love to just

hold you

and

fondle and fold you

and praise your

Distinctive panache!

Now that I'm home from the show, I need to get my butt in gear and finish those Project Linus quilt tops so that I can move onto making one of my new bag patterns!!


COMMENTS:
Sunday, April 15, 2007 - Untitled Comment
Posted by Dawnmarie (152.163.100.15)
I want some of that blue fabric. Please and pretty please. It is gorgeous.


Sunday, April 15, 2007 - Untitled Comment
Posted by orchidlover (90.196.228.227)
That bright flower fabric is just right for me if you're dishing out the fabric LOL

love and hugs gina xx


Sunday, April 15, 2007 - Untitled Comment
Posted by Vera (68.99.125.138)
I like the blue ones too and the pink and the flowers. Wow after you give everyone the ones they like you aren't going to have any left for yourself..LOL



No comments: