Monday, September 3, 2007

Sewing Camp

Today my mom kept referring to our sewing as "Sewing Camp." My mom was set up on her sewing table, I was set up at mine, my Grandma was at the kitchen table, ironing board in the kitchen and a cutting table in the living room.

My Grandma was rattling away on Project Linus quilt kits like a mad woman. She finished one top today and sewed the strip sets together for about 5 more. I'm going to post the picture from today's quilt and from her last two quilts.



I also finished up 3 quilt tops for Project Linus.


This brings me up to 42 tops, only 10 more to go and it's only the beginning of September. I CAN do this after all!!
I also cut the sashing for my Friday Night BOM and started sewing it. I'll probably post a picture of it tomorrow. I have the strip sets all sewn but not cut or ironed yet.
While my Grandma was sewing, I took a series of pictures of her. I turned the flash off and I'm thinking of picking the best one, blurring the background and turning it black and white. I think if I matted and framed it, it would make a great addition to my sewing area. If these aren't good enough then at least I have the idea. Maybe I could take my 35mm SLR to her house and put it on the tripod and shoot a series of them.

8 comments:

Michelle said...

Absolutely PRECIOUS, Jen! She looks so happy! She feels like she is contributing something to society. Sometimes 'senior' people just feel like their life is over and don't have much to contribute, but your mom and you are changing that for her. Blessings to you. Your quilt tops look great, and I hope you had a wonderful day. Goodnight, my friend,
Michelle

Anonymous said...

Wow, only 10 more!! That won't take you no time to do. I'm sure it will feel so good to get them finished. I love the photos of your grandmother. This is all memories that you will never forget. She looks so happy!! I think it is great!!!!
Kristie

Jill said...

That's great! It looks like you gals had a great time sewing together! And only 10 quilts left for the year! I am impressed!

Anonymous said...

Wow, what a wonderful list of accomplishments for the year. You are doing great. It's wonderful that you can get together with you Mom and Grandma. My Mom lives too far away for sewing days. My grandparents have been gone since I was little. Enjoy your memories.
Carol

Christine said...

I love, love, love the idea of hanging those prints in your sewing room. They're priceless!j

Karen-seweasy2do said...

a day late and a dollar short as they say. I loved the photos of the dogs frolicking in the water. What fun! Looks like Grandma could sew most people under the table...

cowgirl4ever said...

love the pictures of grandma.. You guys are just going to town on those project linus quilts... Does grandma have a goal too?

teresa said...

You guys are really going to town! That's great! Teresa -formerly from serial quilters,and my quilt blog (diamondgirl) I'm now www.loftyquilter.blogspot.com