Wednesday, September 5, 2007

Strip Poker Night!

Tonight Grandma, Mom and I met Maureen for dinner at Baker's Square and then headed off to the Patched Works to play Strip Poker. I was very happy to see that Sherri from our 2nd Friday BOM group was there as well. Earlier this week my Grandma started calling Strip Poker, "Naked Rummy" because she couldn't remember what it was called! I got such a kick out of that! I haven't counted my strips yet. I know I was a loser but I don't think I was a big loser because my bag only lost a little shape but not too much. There actually wern't that many huge pots this month.

Afterwards we went out for our traditional Pie afterwards. It was so humid and my Grandma was becoming really short of breath. We think it was just the humidity because she recovered pretty quickly and didn't have any pain. I think the humidity is doing me in again too because I had a horrible headache by the time I went home and I wasn't even all that excited to see that my new Fons & Porter magazine had arrived. It wasn't too long and I went to bed; I didn't even stop to putz on the computer.

3 comments:

Michelle said...

Hi Jen! Did you see that the other sites are down today? I've been trying to see what you are up to all day,and with no luck! Had to go to my blog to find you! Hi!
Michelle

Anonymous said...

Your Grandmother is so funny...Naked Rummy???? So cute. Hope you are both feeling better.
Kristie

butrfly2200 said...

Jen,
Can you explain this strip poker, sounds fun. What's involved and how's it done?
I love that "naked rummy?" Well she was in the right neighbourhood anyway. Hope you are feeling better.
:) Carol