Sunday, April 15, 2007

Sunday, April 15, 2007 - Fabric Postcards


I swore I would never make these. But then paper piecing entered my life and I couldn't resist!! I made two postcards tonight. One to mail to my Grandma and one to mail to my Cousin Jean's good friend Pam who is battling breast cancer. I bet I made both of these in about an hour and a half and that included me setting up my template on the computer to type the things on the back. Now that my template is done they'll go much quicker. The "middle" of my postcards is that same "stuff" they put in the middle of fabric bowls. I've heard you take them to the post office and have them hand cancelled. They're supposed to cost $0.37 to mail because of the hand canceling.

The phrase says, "The most important word in the English language is Hope. -Eleanor Roosevelt"

I also spent about 2 hours quilting my Pineapple Quilt today. I went to make my Gracie Handbag and realized I didn't have enough fabric so that project will be put on hold until I can get to the quilt store. =(

Now that I'm hooked on these post cards, I'm off to print out more blocks and to make a list of who I want to make them for.


COMMENTS:
Sunday, April 15, 2007 - Untitled Comment
Posted by CountryQuilter (69.176.34.223)
I love these. Are they time consuming? They look hard, guess were there so small. How do you mail them? I've seen them in magazines but don't know that much about them. Would be nice at Christmas with Christmas fabric. Please post a photo when you make your purse. I went to the Gracie website, love the purses. Very nice....Keep quilting...


Monday, April 16, 2007 - Fabric Postcards
Posted by adamvogelzang (62.89.29.242)
I love the quote from Eleanor Roosevelt. I will have to remember that one for Margarets Hope Chest. I think your gift will make their day.


Monday, April 16, 2007 - Untitled Comment
Posted by scissorhandscps (69.208.82.113)
Neat! I haven't had to scratch the postcard itch yet. Hopefully that bug won't bite me. LOL Did have to check out the hand bag site. That's a different story. Think I feel an itch comimg on :0)
Very cool bags!


Monday, April 16, 2007 - Untitled Comment
Posted by completeshandemonium (205.188.116.8)
These are really cool! I could get into big trouble playing with these!!! I have been curious to try them and also try the fabric bowls. The how-to books have been
singing to me at the store lately and I figure it's only a matter of time!



No comments: