Sunday, May 6, 2007

I'm a Purse Making Crazy Person!!




This morning started out pretty good. My hubby made pancakes for Holly and me. She always gets the last one made. She's quite hilarious; she bounces around like a crazy dog. Then it was time to get packed up for sewing at my mom's. It was purse day. First I finished up my Chelsea Bag.

Then it was back to my house because Mike made dinner for my mom and I. We had turkey burgers that he made up with chopped up bacon mixed in, topped with cheese and pasta salad. He's been on a pasta salad kick for the last few weeks. It's funny when he makes it because it doesn't have any of the "good stuff" in it. No tomatoes, green peppers or carrots, just pasta, black olives, cheese and pepporoni. It's still good, and I'm glad I didn't have to make it!

After a quick trip to Walmart for some zippers my mom and I were back at our sewing tabels making our Runaround Bags. I got two of them done and a third one cut out.

Then it was time to pack up and head for home. Where I just couldn't call the day of sewing complete until I had some matching Wonder Wallets! I changed the pattern a bit. I added interfacing to the cover because I think they're too floppy. I also sewed the velcro in before sewing the cover so that the sew marks wouldn't show. I still have two additional ones cut out that just need assembling.

So, as you can see, it was a really busy day! I got a lot accomplished!!! These Lazy Girl Designs patterns are a bit deceptive because I'm definately not Lazy if I can turn out this many items in one day!! Now, it's time for bed. I finally start Physical Therapy tomorrow.


COMMENTS:
Monday, May 7, 2007 - You are definitely NOT Lazy!
Posted by mamanance (24.127.100.247)
Good job Jen. I just bought some of the yellow/blue fabric you used for one of your runarounds. The zippers in these would be enough to put me off on them - do you promise that they are not a problem??

Hope the therapy goes well today.


Monday, May 7, 2007 - Untitled Comment
Posted by scissorhandscps (68.22.246.2)
What an unusual fabric on the top one. It made a great purse. At this rate you'll have a bag for everything in your wardrobe :0)
Nice job!


Monday, May 7, 2007 - Untitled Comment
Posted by Vera (68.99.125.138)
Goodness you did have a busy day but it sounds like a lot of fun. You really got a lot done and they are all so pretty. Love the blue and brown.


Monday, May 7, 2007 - Untitled Comment
Posted by CountryQuilter (69.176.32.155)
My, my, my!!! These are just amazing!!! It would take me a month to just finish one purse. My sister and I made a couple of purses a few years ago, needless to say, I am ashamed to carry mine. :) Hers turned out great and she don't even sew. I will show her your blog when she comes over maybe that will get her into quilting. :) I love your fabric choices and you do such a great job!! Maybe you should make some to sell, I'm sure they would go very quickly... Can't wait to see more...
Kristie


No comments: