Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Ohhhh, I started sewing my Bargello together!!

Thank you all for your comments about the Cult. I feel a lot better. I did sew tonight and I didn't even make it to my mom's yet to get the pad from under her treadmill. I'm going to give that a shot to take away the vibration. If it works, then I'll probably buy a similar mat but one that fits my space better. Or; I'll end up buying anti-vibration mounts from work and then I won't need a mat at all!! I figure if they're good enough to put on the bottom of heavy manufacturing machines; they're good enough to put on my light weight table!!

All evening I worked on sewing together my remaining 3 panels for my Bargello quilt. I dusted off my "Design Wall" and set to work.

My design wall is nothing more than 4 binder clips that we have nailed to the wall above a long closet in our Dining area. I haven't used them in years; but they're up there. I bought a long length of flannel backed vinyl years ago. I keep it rolled up and under the bed. It looks pretty wrinkley but it works just fine.

Once they were together I began to panic. I was afraid to cut; I was afraid to lay them out. So, I called my Mom....at about 9:45 and she came over. I didn't get too far; I only have about 6 strips sewn together an only a few extras cut on either side. Tomorrow I should get a little further. After I get these strips sewn, I'll start working out from one side and switch to the other. I'm totally doing this as a fly by the seat of my pants type of project. God help me when I try to do the other half!!

I've been really, really, really bad at responding to emails lately and commenting on blogs. I just really haven't had much time to sit down and do it. I'm still trying to move my blog posts over from the other site. I'm in the home stretch so I guess I have a one track mind. Since I can't sew after 10pm, I'll be staying away from the computer until then. So yeah, I have 108 emails in my in box that all need to be replied to. Yikes!!!
When I did read my email tonight I was excited to see an email from Karen; the woman at the Franklin Public Library who runs th Care Package program that I make the pillow cases for. I'm copying the message here because it's just so darn exciting!!!!!
Hi Jen,

I got a call from an on-line magazine,
"Viv", they are doing an article about creating crafts to support good causes and they want to print pillowcase directions, mention our project and encourage people to sew! They have the directions I currently have posted on the library website, but the ones you put together for the workshop in March were so much better I was wondering if we could use those. I have to get back to Angela at
the magazine ASAP.

I'd also like to print lots of copies to take the Racine Lighthouse Quilt Show the first weekend in Oct. They are giving me a space to set up a display to recruit more sewers. Interested in coming along?

Karen

7 comments:

Gina said...

I just love the colours you are using. I'm so proud that you are being 'published'. Does this mean I can ask for your autograph?

Love and hugs Gina xxx

Michelle said...

Well, Jen, it DOES sound like you had a much better day! Gee, with the yo yo flag, and now the Pillowcase directions...WOW!!!! I am proud of you!

The bargello looks GREAT!!!!

We love you, Jen!
Michelle

Kristie said...

I love your Bargello!!! Looks great! See once you start cutting it, it all goes alot easier. I just love your colors.

That is so great about the Pillowcases. Someday you will be a famous quilt designer or teacher and I can post stuff like that on my blog... :o)
Kristie

Moneik said...

Wow that is so awesome that you'll be published. I sure want a copy of the magazine! You're gonna be famous before you even know it.
Your Bargello is looking really awesome as well. Keep up the great work.

Anonymous said...

The bargello looks GREAT!! Don't worry about not commenting or reading emails. We know you are out there.

Congrats on getting published. I'm very proud of you and the work you do.

I forgot to sign in..it's Bethany

joanna said...

Jen:

Love the bargello...it says "it's fall ya'll"! Great idea for a design wall.

I am moving over to this site also. How do you move posts? Just copy and paste? I am sorry to be such a pain in the patootie and don't worry about answering until you have time and I will muddle along and maybe figure it out. You are just so popular and really our blog guru.

Congrats on your being published. I can't wait to see it. Where do we send our copies for autographs?

Oh, I sold my little quilt with the tree, pond and angel. I am finishing it up before I do anything else. That was a good feeling. LOL

Have a great day!

Cindy (aka Peony the House Elf) said...

Wow she's famous and just think I can proudly say I gave birth to her. Way to go kiddo. I have to tell all of you her bargello is so much prettier in person. For some reason the colors just don't show up that clear on the computer or maybe I need to dust my screen. Keep up the good work.