Thursday, April 12, 2007

What a Croc!

A few weeks ago when we were in the ER with my Grandma, my Mom and Aunt Kitty asked the nurse about the shoes she was wearing. Turns out they were called Crocs and she said she could do a double shift in them and her legs still felt energized and her feet not tired. I had remembered seeing these goofy looking shoes last summer on the feet of bicyclists after we finished our MACC Fund ride and I didn't give them much of a thought after that. So now after hearing about how comfortable they were I had to give them a try for myself.

By lunchtime the next day I had found them at our Lang Store. I was thrilled to discover they had Disney Crocs! Heck, I could own silly looking, comfortable shoes as long as they had Disney heads cut out of them. So I picked out a pair that were light gray with a pink heel strap and went on my merry way. Well, what do you know? They're so comfortable that it just doesn't matter how goofy they look!

Since I dress up for work I was bummed to see just how hideous they looked when paired with my dress pants. I then hopped online to see what other styles Crocs had to offer. I found that they have a "Mary Jane" style. Of course, I had to have a pair and began my online search for a store with free shipping. They are perfect! Since my online purchase through Amazon, I found more styles locally at Dunham's. These crocs are without a doubt the most comfortable shoe I've ever owned.

My Aunt Kitty keeps giggling at the Croc name saying, "What a Croc!" She can laugh all she wants, my feet are beyond comfy. For Easter she gave me a Jibbitz Nurse Cap for all the time I've spent playing "nurse" to my Grandma.

Gosh, I feel like a little kid with all the excitement over my Crocs and Jibbitz!! What's a Jibbitz you ask? They are goofy little decorations that you can add to your Crocs. In addition to my Nurses Hat, I purchased a pink Breast Cancer Awareness ribbon. Now, if only they had some that were quilting or sewing related!!

I just can't express how comfy these shoes are. I will say that I tried on an off brand at Wal-mart and they weren't nearly the same so don't get sucked in. Besides daily wear, I've worn them on 2 mile walks with Holly and two MLB games which included lots of walking to and from the stadium and quite a bit of walking inside. This weekend I'll be wearing my Crocs to the Mukwonago quilt show. If they're comfy enough to plod around in at a Quilt Show then I think I'm sold for life!!
Comments
Friday, April 13, 2007 - Untitled Comment
Posted by Vesuviusmama
I see people wearing these ALL THE TIME and I couldn't figure out why! It helps to know that they are comfortable. I'm definitely one who favors comfort over style, but I'm not sure about wearing day-glo colored footwear :) Seriously, though, I'm glad you like your new shoes.


Friday, April 13, 2007 - Untitled Comment
Posted by Vera
I just may have to get a pair of these. I keep hearing people talking about how comfortable they are so I think they would be good for all the standing I do at the longarm..... Thanks for sharing the info.

Friday, April 13, 2007 - Untitled Comment
Posted by
scissorhandscps
I just bought my daughter two pair. (Glad we wear the same size :) ) They come in camo color too! A friend of mine had her podiatrist tell her they are the best shoes for your feet! Go figure. Maybe I'll try her's on for a day. I don't know if i can get past the goofy lokking part though. LOL

No comments: