Thursday, May 31, 2007

Scraps


I was supposed to cut the "Princesses" Project Linus quilt tonight. Actually it's been something I've been meaning to do all week and haven't gotten to. I was going to use the princess fabric on the borders and on the back. The repeat in the fabric is much too wide for a quilt this size so I nixed the idea. Then I figured I could fussy cut the princesses and put them every other square. Well, after 2 rows of cutting I realized that wasn't going to work because the previous rows were starting to cut into the row above. I got frustrated and gave up. I'll use the ones I do have cut sporatically thought the quilt and I'll just cut the rest of the strips and get to sewing. Since I didn't feel like cutting out the rest of the quilt I decided to look at my ever growing scraps pile. In no time at all I had 13 2-1/2" strips cut that I can use as coins for strip poker. I'll throw them in the pile, rolling them as we speak.


COMMENTS:
Friday, June 1, 2007 - Untitled Comment
Posted by CountryQuilter
Can't wait to see the quilt when you get it finished. I did the same thing once when I was fussy cutting a quilt for Hunter. I think I still have those pieces somewhere...
Kristie



No comments: