Tuesday, April 24, 2007

This stuff is Amazing!!


I've got to share with you some things that my friend Diane has been working on. Diane and I took two jewelry making classes a few years ago only now she's taken things to a whole new level by making her own beads and pendants out of poly clay. Here's a few of my favorites:

This set is a box of chocolates and individual chocolates based off of Frango Mints.

The main pendant is maybe 1-1/2 inches high and 2 inches wide.

This light switch plate is just gorgeous, both online and in person.

The Balinese silver and malachite set look like stone and metal.

I cannot believe how her pieces are turning out; they're just amazing to me! I don't think I could work with pieces so small. Make sure you check out the rest of her gallery because it just blows me away. In addition to being extremely talented in Jewelry Making and PolyClay design, Diane is also an author of quite a few spicy romance novels under the pen name Diana Laurence. I was honored to take her picture that appears on her web site and inside many of her books. It's exciting to be a "published photographer."

While browsing other PolyClay sites I ran across an artist named Sarajane Helm who created an entire quilt shop out of poly clay. It's amazing; it's definitely worth a look. When you take into consideration the size and detail of these pieces you'll be blown away. There's even a book out called "Adapting Quilt Patterns to Polymer Clay" written by polymer clay artists Judith Skinner and Sarajane Helm.


COMMENTS:
Tuesday, April 24, 2007 - Untitled Comment
Posted by Vesuviusmama (69.19.14.21)
You are right - that is amazing! The detail in the tiny quilt shop is stunning! Here I go sounding like a non-quilter, but "I don't think I could ever have the patience of skill to do that!"


Tuesday, April 24, 2007 - Untitled Comment
Posted by 51050 (24.176.0.71)
WOW! Rhoda


Tuesday, April 24, 2007 - Untitled Comment
Posted by CountryQuilter (69.176.34.241)
They are beautiful. There in no way I could do that. That takes alot of talent...I love them. I bought some poly clay a few years ago and it ended up the the garbage. :)


Tuesday, April 24, 2007 - Untitled Comment
Posted by scissorhandscps (68.74.137.61)
Very pretty! My kids love the sculpy clay. Don't mess with it much as I don't need another quilting distraction. :0)




Take the Internet to Go: Yahoo!Go puts the Internet in your pocket: mail, news, photos & more.

No comments: