Tuesday, May 15, 2007

A fun evening


We were so busy over the weekend that I never got to give my Mom her Mother's Day Card or Presents! I always think it's fun to gift her with things that she'd never buy for herself. This year I found a sale on a printer/scanner/copier similar to mine which now means my mom can print photos from her digital camera and she can print on fabric and not have it wash out…the possibilities are endless and it's super easy to use. We got it all set up, her old software removed and she's ready to go.

I'm making a Chelsea, Wonder Wallet and Runaround Bag for my friend Diane and a Runaround Bag and Wonder Wallet for her daughter Katie to take on their upcoming trip. I've got most of their pieces cut out last Friday and tonight I Free Motion Quilted the outside of Diane's Chelsea and started on her handles.

I worked on my Purple and Lime project. It's been pinned to my design wall (A.K.A. My Triple Irish Chain Quilt that's hanging on the rack closest to my sewing table) for a few weeks now. I decided instead of turning the edges under and ending up with something that only slightly resembled a circle that I'd sew interfacing to it and turn it. Low and behold, my interfacing is only 18 inches wide and the piece is already about 23 inches. I really didn't want the bulk of a seam added to the interfacing so I used some tear away stuff that I had that I usually put under appliqué pieces. Sure, it won't fuse down but I can pin it to the background and then blind hem around it. I'll have to iron it quite gingerly because this tear away stuff really has a tendency to melt.


COMMENTS:
Wednesday, May 16, 2007 - Untitled Comment
Posted by CountryQuilter
I'm sure your mom loved her new printer. That was a very nice gift, I bet she will use it often.

I can't wait to see your wallhanging (green pokey one) I've been waiting to see more of it. I love seeing other people do things that I know that I cannot. All of those points are just too much for me.
Kristie


Wednesday, May 16, 2007 - Untitled Comment
Posted by scissorhandscps
Hey there! I'm catching up on blogs and must say that I think you have done enough charity work already this year!!! Make some stuff for your self and Have fun! I'ma charity quliter too and can't match, in my life time, what you have done this year! :0) Somebody, probably Kristie, has a bunch of quilts that are beautiful!!!! I don't even have one of my own on my own bed!!! Something wrong with that picture. Because I make everything for everyone else and give it away. Don't get me wrong, I love to give then to receive but it would be nice to have one on my bed :0) You've done enough. Feel no guilt. And if you decided to do some more, than fine. But you need not have goals :0)

No comments: