Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Pasta Salad Recipe


Salami 'n' Shells Pasta Salad

7 oz uncooked small pasta shells

1 cup halved cherry tomatoes

1 cup halved ripe olives

1 block (6-8 oz) mozzarella cheese, cut into thin strips or cubes

4 oz salami, cut into thin strips

½ cup chopped green pepper

4 green onions, sliced

DRESSING:

1/3-cup vegetable oil

3 tablespoons red wine vinegar

1 teaspoon salt

1 teaspoon dried basil

1 teaspoon dried oregano

¼ teaspoon garlic powder

Cook pasta according to package directions; drain and rinse in cold water. Place in a large bowl; add the next six ingredients. In a jar with a tight-fitting lid, combine the dressing ingredients; shake well (or stir vigorously with a fork in large measuring cup). Pour over salad and toss to coat. Chill until serving. Yield: 8-10 servings.

Since quite a few people have asked for my pasta salad recipe over the past few days I thought I'd just post it. Above it's written as I received it, here are my modifications:

  1. I use whatever type of cheese strikes my fancy that day and whatever type of noodles are handy.
  2. If my hubby is eating it, he doesn't like onions, I leave them out. If I have carrots handy, I'll put some in. This last time, my cousin Jean is allergic to green peppers so I left them out and put cucumbers in their place. Add what you want, leave out what you don't want.
  3. Instead of Salami we've been using already sliced pepperoni, turkey pepperoni to be exact. I just stack them up and slice them into 4's.
  4. For the oil, if you prefer olive oil, use olive oil. I've used garlic powder, salt, granules, fresh...it's whatever is handy. I've also used ground basil and ground oregano and it's just fine. This last time, I put the dressing in my magic bullet blender and found that it mixed a lot better than me using a fork.

COMMENTS:
Tuesday, May 15, 2007 - Untitled Comment
Posted by CountryQuilter
MMMMMMMMMMMMMMM...... sounds good. I think I will try it...thanks
Kristie


No comments: