Thursday, September 6, 2007

An Uneventful Evening

I left work tonight all set on stopping at my mom's to pick up my machine and going home to sew. Somehow that didn't happen. I ended up at home, working on switching over blog posts for a few hours. Mike was about to watch Thursday night Football so I got the heck out of there. I did a little shopping at Ulta and Joann's. I bought the 7-1/2 yards of black for my Celestial Migraine BOM quilt that I'll be starting. I want to know; exactly where in this quilt will 7-1/2 yards be used?? That's just for the top; it has nothing to do with borders, binding or backing. I realize that if it's not a color, it's black but MAN, That's a lot of black fabric!

I stopped at Office Max to "test sit" in a few office chairs. I want to get a chair for when I sew over at my Mom's house because she's "chair poor." One day not too long ago her and my Grandma took the upholstry off of her kitchen chairs so they could be re-done. Well since I have a bad back my mom gives me her office chair to sit in while I sew and she either sits on this short "telephone" chair or one of the kitchen chairs with a bed pillow on top of it. I wasn't really happy with the chairs I sat in. They were nice but their prices were a little high for a chair that I'll only be using 1-2 times a week. Now I'm wondering if what I should do instead is to get a new chair for my sewing area at home, move my current chair to our office and take the office chair to my mom's. The back isn't that great on our current office chair but I really don't sit back when I sew anyway.

Then I stopped at my mom's for my machine but I couldn't get motivated enough to pack it up when I knew that come Friday night I'd just be re-packing it again to go sew at my Grandma's on Saturday. So I got engrossed in this stupid Lifetime movie that she had on. Girl has an affair with her step-father, they kill the mother, step-father ends up behind bars and girl gets off scott free.

I played a game on my cell phone while I was there. I'll admit, I'm addicted. I'm not really a game nut, but give me something that makes me think, like a puzzle game and I'm all over it. It's called Zuma. Since I got the phone a few weeks back I've made it to the 6th and final level. Unfortunately it's now been about 2 weeks that I've been trying to clear this last level. There's 5 screens to each level and you only get 3 lives per game. I have the most difficult time getting off the first screen. It's like I can't rest until I clear it. I used to be like that with Tetris too, I could play for hours.

When I got home I was going to answer a few emails and move some more blog posts and I just didn't want to sit at the computer so I went into the living room and worked on some yo-yo's. I've got quite a few done already for my Christmas Tree Garland. I might start sewing them together little by little so that I can see how long it's getting. I honestly have no idea how long of a garland I'm going to need. My tree is only about 4-1/2 feet tall and pretty narrow.

I've been trying to decide what I'm going to work on at our Craft Social on Saturday. I think I've decided on working on all those bindings that I need to do for Project Linus, put borders on my Grandma's quilts as she finishes them and work on Pillow Cases. In fact, I'll have to cut pillow cases tomorrow night so that I have a pile of them to work on. I just want to be free of pillow cases. It would be nice if I could hammer the last 41 out.

2 comments:

bobbinhead said...

Finally found you!! I've had a blog on here for some time but don't use it much. Just wanted to know if you are going to do the bargello quilt that we are doing on the other site.

Bethany aka bobbinhead

Anonymous said...

I was wondering the exact samething on that black. That does seem like alot of fabric.

I can't wait to hear about your craft day with your grandmother. I sure hope she enjoys it.
Kristie