Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Keeping Fingers Crossed


Hopefully I'll find out today about my MRI. My doctor's off days are Tuesdays and Thursdays so if I don't find out today, by Friday I'll be on the other side of insane. I made my first call to complain about the Nut who attached a nut to my body. Unfortunately she wasn't able to do anything because she doesn't oversee the radiology staff, but she was able to give me the phone number of that department head. She did agree that it's absolutely unacceptable and she's appalled that the tech asked me if I was serious when I told her I was allergic. She said she too was bothered that I also wasn't asked about a latex allergy when they stuck the marker on me with tape. Granted, I don't have a latex allergy but they really should have asked. With all the times my Grandma has been in the hospital over the past few months, whenever I was around they ALWAYS asked her about latex. I'll be calling "William" tomorrow.

I've been working on my purple and lime wall hanging. I've got the rings all finished, next I'll need to attach the backing fabric to the circular piece and then the paper piecing of the borders will begin. When I scrunched down the file size, it really took a lot away from the color of the quilt. It's a very brilliantly colored piece!

My Wall hanging so far.

The picture from the pattern.

It's going together a lot quicker than I would have imagined. The only "problem" that I'm encountering so far is the fact that I've never pieced circles so I'm actually rolling one edge under and blind hemming the other on top of it. I'm almost thinking that to avoid any further stretching that I might just leave the backing in one piece instead of piecing it and blind hemming the circle to it to keep it more stable.

The pattern is by Peggy Martin. From the book:

.


COMMENTS:
Wednesday, April 25, 2007 - <i>Untitled Comment</i>
Posted by (90.196.228.130)
those colours together are gorgeous. I love lime and purple together.
I must admit that when I do a Mariner's Compass I always applique it onto the background and then cut away the excess fabric under the compass. There's a bit more waste doing it this way but i think it gives a nicer finish.
I love the pattern, where did you get it from, is it over the web because I wouldn't mind doing it.
love and hugs gina xx

Edited by orchidlover on Wednesday, April 25, 2007 at 12:54 AM


Wednesday, April 25, 2007 - WOW
Posted by ninepatchrose (71.195.93.163)
BEAUTIFUL!!!!!!!
Waiting with you on word of your MRI. ((((((((((((HUGS))))))))))))))))


Wednesday, April 25, 2007 - Untitled Comment
Posted by CountryQuilter (69.176.35.181)
That is just beautiful!!! You know, as many quilts that I have made I have never done any paper piecing. I don't know why, but it intimidates me. Actually, I've never even tried it. I can't wait to see the finished product. Were are you going to hang it?


Wednesday, April 25, 2007 - Untitled Comment
Posted by scissorhandscps (68.74.137.61)
That is sooooo sweet! Nice job! LOVE the colors.


No comments: