Wednesday, May 2, 2007

Chelsea is Complete!!



Today I was finally able to get my Physical Therapy scheduled. Or I should say, my husband was able to get it scheduled. It's amazing; I pull a list off of the internet from our insurance provider with 20 PT places in the area and only one of them offered hours after 5. I called that one to book appointments and they could first get me in May 15th at 2pm. I called my husband, and felt absolutely defeated. Who knows how long I'll be doing PT, I can't be taking 2 hours off of work each time and probably 2-3 times per week. Well, Mr. Talk Radio Listener himself had remembered hearing of a Wisconsin Badger Football player who now lives in our area who needed Physical Therapy and now advertises for them on radio commercials. A few calls and he found that not only were they open till 7:30 a few nights per week, but they were in our network and were listed as a premier facility which means they'll charge the insurance a lower dollar amount. One can only wonder why the United Health Care website didn't list them. He called, got me an appointment and all I needed to do was call back with the rest of my information. It's a good thing that I was finally able to get this scheduled because as I was sitting at work this morning, my back was so inflamed under my shoulder blade that my balance was really off, to the point that it was actually making me dizzy when I was sitting. That finally let up around 11:30am.

Tonight my mom and I went to play Strip Poker at our local quilt store; The Patched Works. As always it was a lot of fun. The first two times we played we got 10 strips of 2-1/2" wide fabric that was game themed. The challenge now is to take that fabric and make something with it pertaining to our Strip Poker. I'm contemplating a tote bag for my "coins." Coins in Strip Poker are 2-1/2" strips rolled up and rubber-banded. I'm not sure if I want to make it as a Chelsea tote or one of the other Lazy Girl Purses or just a regular old bucket tote. I guess it really depends on the fabric once I get it sewn into one piece. Now, I'm really low on coins. I'll need to cut more 2-1/2" strips before we play next month. It's a nice way to use up scraps that are really getting down there in width. Since I can't go home empty handed I picked up a mini crazy patch pattern called "Crazy for You" by Pieces from my Heart and a America the Beautiful charm pack by Judie Rothermel for Marcus Brothers Textiles, Inc. I'll use the charms to make the wall hanging. While in the quilt store I came to the conclusion that I really need to assemble the top to my Turning Twenty Again Quilt so that I can decide which fabric and what yardage is needed for the borders and binding before the Moda Chocolat fabric is sold out.

I came home and finished up my Chelsea bag. I really, really like it. I added a Bag-E-Bottom to it by making an open fabric tube. I ironed Heat and Bond to the bottom of it and then ironed it into the bottom of the bag so that the tube becomes permanent allowing the Bag-E-Bottom to be interchangeable with other bags. The directions that came with the Bag-E-Bottom just told you to sew a sleeve over the bottom and then hand tack it to the bag. This however encased the hard bottom not allowing you to move it from bag to bag. I think adding it with Heat and Bond really did the trick. This bag went together as easily as my Gracie Handbag. I'm really loving these patterns!

Tomorrow I hope to move back to working on my Purple and Lime wall hanging. I'd like to have at least the top assembled by next Friday night when we go to our block of the month with Wendy Rieves at Frank's Sewing Center. I want to take that and my Lazy Girl bags for show and tell because it's been a long time since I've taken anything.

While looking up some links I ran across this new fabric collection by Moda called "Pampered Pooch." I have GOT to get some of this. It looks like Dog meets 30's reproduction fabrics!!!

I also ran across a link today that really sparked my interest. If you have some time to make a few fabric post cards, consider sending them to Penny to forward onto the Troops.


COMMENTS:
Thursday, May 3, 2007 - Untitled Comment
Posted by CountryQuilter (69.176.35.74)
Jen, do you ever stop? I don't see how you have the energy to do everything. Amazing!!! I love the purse. The colors are beautiful. Really anxious to see more of your wallhanging. I love the colors in that.


Thursday, May 3, 2007 - Untitled Comment
Posted by scissorhandscps (68.22.246.2)
Nice Bag!!! Good job! How long do your strips have to be for the poker game??? Of doesn't it matter?





Fussy? Opinionated? Impossible to please? Perfect.

No comments: