Saturday, October 27, 2007

6th Wedding Anniversary

I can't believe that we've been married for 6 years!




You probably expected a "serious" picture huh?

How and why am I up on a jungle gym and what's with the sunglasses?


Ok, ok, I'll answer. We went to a park to have pictures taken. My cousins Tracey & Erin were the last to arrive at the park and it turned out later that where we went and where I told them were two different park areas. Shrug; how was I supposed to know! I walked up a ramp on the jungle gym so that I could watch for them.


The sunglasses...well we had this "thing" this goofy dance that we did to the Blues Brothers music....like in the movie. So we decided that the song we'd enter into our reception with would be a Blues Brothers song. I was playing around on e-bay one day and found you could buy Blues Brothers sunglasses so I bought them for the entire bridal party. And, since we're nerds, we all wore them and had fun with them.


We share a wedding anniversary with my Grandma & Grandpa Ricciardi (My Mom's parents), they were married 65 years earlier.


There's a lot of serious memories from that day but it's the funny ones that really stand out. We had a Catholic Ceremony so we did the whole dedication to Mary business. Mike and I get over in front of the Mary statue and he starts digging at his tux. I ask him what he's doing, he replies, "I can't find my fucking button." I reply with, "OOOOHHHHHHHH, you said Fuck in front of Mary." We both dissolved into hysterical laughter. Only, from behind everyone thought we were sobbing. We get back over to the priest and I don't remember what's going on at this point; vows maybe? Mike and I are both laughing. I'd calm down, I'd look at my cousin Jean, and I'd dissolve into laughter again. I'd look over to the deacon and he'd start me laughing again. This went on for the whole rest of the ceremony.


Our reception was held at a hotel. Mike and I drove my car. He pulled in front of the hotel in the "unload your luggage" area. I go to get out of the car and I get stuck. Mike gets out of the car to help me out, we start talking to someone and our car stays right there with the windows open, unlocked, the whole bit for the next 6 hours. We go towards the end of the night to take our pretend, "We're leaving the reception" pictures and our photographer says, "ohhh, we can't even take these pictures here because some idiot has left their car here." I look, Mike stops dead, we look at the photographer and tell him it's ok, to just shoot the pictures. That's when he realized it was our car. DUH!! Can you imagine how many hotel guests were swearing at our car the entire night?


Thank you SOOOO much Moneik & Michelle for the Anniversary cards!!



Tune in next week for Tales from the Honeymoon from Hell...

4 comments:

Cindy (aka Peony the House Elf) said...

That was the best day ever. I can't remember having more fun at a wedding than that one. Darn we throw a great party. From the Blues Brothers glasses to the food to the CAKE, can you tell I'm a fan of cake. Everything was sooooo much fun I wish we had known all of you before so you could have been there too.

Kristie said...

What a great story! Happy Anniversary!!!! Andrew was 8 when Richard and I married, he walked me down the isle. He was standing up there with us and talked the whole time to Richards brother about MONSTER TRUCKS!!! It was so funny!
Kristie

Michelle said...

OH, I can't wait to hear tales from the honeymoon! Hurry!!!!!

Moneik said...

Sounds like you had a great time. I hope my wedding is as fun and exciting as yours was. Glad you got the card.