Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Another Quilt Quilted!!

I got Eli's second quilt quilted tonight. I got it loaded quicker than last night but I still had problems. There has just GOT to be an easier way. Maybe another order of doing things. I also had problems with the thread with the way it was coming off of my spool. In the end I removed a piece of bracket from my carriage and it works much better. Of course now the carriage is loose so I'll have to come up with another option to hold it together on top.



Perhaps a dowel? Threaded Rod?


Without further ado, here's Eli's Carpenter's Wheel.

Tomorrow night Mom and I have a completer class at the Patched Works and I'm so unprepared. I'd like to learn how to join the ends of binding without folding them under. I have these two baby quilts but I don't even have the binding strips together yet. We'll see what I can accomplish in the 45 minutes that I'm home tomorrow after work before I have to leave for class. If all else fails, I know my mom has 4 Project Linus quilts that the bindings are half on to practice with. I think I'll take my last step of my Yellow Brick Road quilt so I can at least get some cutting in. That's my next focus. I'd like to have that quilt done and quilted so I can give it on Saturday.

9 comments:

Michelle said...

Looks like you got the job done, and it looks great! Wish I was there...I'd help you brainstorm!

Kristie said...

Sorry that I can't help you, I don't have a clue! Glad you got your quilt finished. You are killing me, you are whipping these things out like they are nothing. I really like how the carpenter's wheel turned out. Since I have that book now, that is one that I will do soon. Actually it is my favorite one in the book.
Kristie

butrfly2200 said...

wow, nice job on the carpenter's wheel. Exciting to be able to quilt them so easily now for you.
:)Carol

Moneik said...

The quilting turned out awesome! I'm not sure what to tell you about the board. The LG's that I have seen don't have that board there. I'll have to look when I'm at the store to see what they have. I'm ripping out all the quilting I did Friday night on the baby quilt. It looks horrible. At least I can practice again.

Suzan said...

Nice quilting!

Luv to quilt said...

Jen
I am a new quilter and I love your Blog. I love your quilts.
Just wanted to let you know I enjoy your Blog.

Nancy-Rose said...

It's absolutely gorgeous! I love that quilt.

BitnByAQuiltingBug said...

WOW. You did that one your new frame? You rock girl. I'm no where near doing that well on my new frame and the needle thread keeps breaking no matter what I set the tension on. Making me crazy so I give up and walk away for a while. Very nice job on your quilt!!!
Regina

Hazel said...

Nice work Jen , I'm sure you will give that frame a good work out .You were fast enough before now you will be fast as lighting LOL