Monday, October 15, 2007

Baby Quilts for Eli

I finally finished the tops to the two baby quilts I'm making for Eli. Now I just need to quilt them but that is going to have to wait until I get borders on my Bargello and Turning Twenty Again quilts. I plan on taking those two this weekend when I go to visit Michelle & Louie in Iowa. I'm still really not liking the Yellow Brick Road with the Minkee. I'm hoping I have different feelings about it once it's quilted. We'll have to see!! The Carpenters wheel I just love. I'll still need to decide if I'm binding it in green or blue.


7 comments:

Kristie said...

I just love these. The Carpenters wheel is my favorite. I just got my "Sew One and You're Done" book in the mail today. I can't wait to start some of those.
Kristie

Maureen said...

I love both of the quilts! The one with minkee looks nice in the picture! Baby Eli will love the texture. The carpenter's wheel is awesome! I should get the book "Sew One and You're Done" but well I bought some other stuff while shopping on retreat and well I'll have to wait a little while! If I were to pick I would put that gorgeous blue on as the border...but that's me. Are you going alone to see Michelle? Hope you have fun! Is it this weekend?

Maureen

Nancy said...

I LOVE the Carpenters Wheel - and I'd bind it in the blue. I must put that on my list of projects.

I'd think that the Minkee one will have a great feel to it, but I wonder about the quilting of it. I'm sure you will let us know how that goes!

Michelle said...

Love em both!

Moneik said...

Oh I love them both. I bet the one with minkee will feel really nice for him. I know a girl who just put it as the backing. Don't know how it quilted though. Let us know how it goes. They are both just darling and I would definately bind in blue.

Suzan said...

As others have mentioned, I am really interested in hearing how the Yellow Brick Road with minkee quilts. My grandson likes really soft things and I had thought about doing something with minkee but didn't know how it would work out. Both of the quilts are lovely but I do reallly like the soft colors in the minkee quilt.

quiltin cntrygrl said...

They are both beautiful.. man you are just cranking out the quilts or have I really missed that much??

Heather