Friday, October 5, 2007

Bargello

Well, I finally got brave and cut the strips for the second half of my bargello quilt.

When I went through and measured each strip I numbered little post-it notes for the strip position and then I also put the width the strip needed to be cut. As I was cutting I then attached the appropriate post-it to the appropriate strip. Once I opened up their seams in the correct position I then pinned this post-it to the top of each strip so that I'll always know the top from the bottom and they won't get out of order. I hope to spend a good amount of time tomorrow sewing this quilt together.

4 comments:

Michelle said...

I can't wait to see the finished product. You always do a great job picking out colors. Have fun sewing.

Kristie said...

I have been sitting here trying to catch up on your posts. I can't wait to see your Bargello done, I think it is beautiful. Glad your uncle liked his quilt, I love the colors. Your new cubicle looks very nice, lots of room. And, last but not least, Diane's coasters turned out BEAUTIFUL. You did an amazing job on them.
Kristie

butrfly2200 said...

Everytime I see you with more coasters done I think, I must find that pattern(I know I printed it out) and get some made.
You are inspiration to get going.
and get quilting
;) Carol

jillquilts said...

I hope that you are off working on the Bargello!! Can't wait to see it!