Friday, October 19, 2007

Because I can

On the 27th Mike and I will be married for 6 years. Today he brought my wedding dress home from his parents house. It's going to live out its days in my mom's cedar chest...if it fits. I think it's a lot poofier than my mom and I remember. It's also got a built in crinoline so...yeah. Boy, I forgot how heavy it was. Of course, I had to put it on. The arms are a little tight; if it wouldn't be for that I could have pulled up the zipper. Now I'm sitting here wearing my veil. BECAUSE I CAN. Mike's already given me the, "Aren't you the one with a really bad neck and back? Should you really have that on your head?" Yeah, I hate to say it but he's right. How in the heck did I wear it all day?



Regardless, my mom is coming for dinner. I plan to greet her at the door with it on.


And of course, why not dress up the dog while I'm playing?



Here we have the "Runaway Bride," Julia Roberts she's not!!

9 comments:

Maureen said...

Ohh you are sooo funny! Tell us how your mom reacted when she saw you with your veil! Happy anniversary (on the 27)!

Maureen

Michelle said...

Ok, lets have pictures!

Kristie said...

How sweet!!!! You will have to post a photo for us!!!!
Kristie

Anonymous said...

Jo-Ann said - good for you Jen getting in your wedding dress. DH and I were married 14 years in May and I don't think I could accomplish that. Have a good anniversary on the 27th.

Cindy (aka Peony the House Elf) said...

OK there she was with the veil on dancing around. Then I had the veil on and then Holly had the veil on. This weekend I'll clean out my cedar chest and her wedding dress and veil will live with my wedding dress and veil. I cut up the train for my dress when Jen got married and made her a stole out of it and a purse, the something old.

cps said...

WOW! Your halloween quilt rocks!!! Love it on the cover of keepsake! Nice job. I thought you couldn't use mono in the bobbin. Hmmmmm, may have to try it. :0) Wore my wedding dress about eight years or so after we wed for a mothers day brunch. It was a bridal theme. Some people had the teenagers madel their gowns but I still fit in mine! It was a good feeling.

teresa said...

So much in love! You are a delight!

jillquilts said...

too funny!!! Yes - show pictures!

Moneik said...

I can tell I'm really putting you in the wedding mood. How sweet that you could still fit into it. My mom was saying that a lot of women wear their moms dresses, but I could keep dreaming because she was a lot smaller than me! Guess I'm not a little bitty thing like she was. Soon I'll have my own.