Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Book Shelf

I think I've gone as far as I can go at this point with my book shelf. There's another smaller one in my sewing studio that has "regular" books on it. I think tomorrow I will re-organize and dive into that one. I'm hoping that one can stay where it is; not that it gets in the way of the quilt frame.

I ran out to Target and bought two pink wooden boxes that are perfect to hold the bagged patterns and the envelope patterns. I like how they look so I think I'll pick up a third since one more will fit on that shelf. They have chalk board fronts so that I can write what is in them. On the second shelf I have my shorter books related to quilting and sewing as well as my 7 book Harry Potter collection. The third shelf has my Quilting books on it. The 4th shelf has a fabric bin for Quilting Magazines and one for thinner Quilting books. I have binders sitting on each side with patterns in them. The 5th shelf has two scrapbooks, our wedding album, some photography books, recipe books and in the pink cloth bin is all of the narrower cook books so that I can store them deeper on the shelf without them flopping over every five minutes. On the very top I have my Xyron machine and my container of rubberstamps.




4 comments:

Cindy (aka Peony the House Elf) said...

The bookshelf turned out really nice and those bins you bought look great on it. I on the other hand went home and went to bed.

Suzan said...

I really like the bins with the chalkboard front. I think I will "borrow" your idea and go to Target to find some. I hope they have them here!

Moneik said...

Your bookshelf looks awesome! I really think I need to get one and organize my stuff better. I think it would help if I had more room! I'll have to show my mom your bookshelf. That's what she needs for all her books! She collects the quilting books.

quiltin cntrygrl said...

I think that I have the same book shelves and my house.. I want to say that I have 3 sets but I might have 4 I don't remember any more. I have one that is stacked with fabric and then another that is full of books. Oh and rubber stamps I have a bunch of those too.. I think they are at moms

Heather