Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Cookbooks

I'm working on my bookshelf.

I always felt guilty about the amount of quilt books I had until I started putting my books on the bookshelf.

Can someone explain to me why in the hell I have almost 50 cookbooks and probably have cracked open maybe 5? Mike's the pickiest eater in the entire world. I have to stick to basics with him which is why I don't cook much for the two of us. It's a waste of time. Now, if Mike could get interested in looking through cookbooks and picking things out that interested him then maybe, just maybe these cookbooks could be worthwhile. I do enjoy cooking. But I mostly cook for large group type things like Thanksgiving. But that's a post for another time.


Do these cookbooks just multiply? Were they breeding while they were in the closet?


At least I look through all my quilt books on a regular basis!!

The top shelf in this picture is quilt books, the bottom is recipe books
and there's MORE recipe books in the kitchen.

3 comments:

Kristie said...

See something else we have in common...quilt books and recipe books!!! I have a ton of both. My mom buys recipe book all of the time and always buys me and Chantal a copy too. Looks like you are getting everything organized...
Kristie

Cindy (aka Peony the House Elf) said...

I guess like mother like daughter. If you ever saw all the cook books that I own you's laught at me considering I hardly ever cook for myself.

Moneik said...

My mom and I both have the cookbook phenomenon too! She has way more than I do, but I inherited some of my grandmas. The really good ones anyway, the old Catholic one, the Luthern one, the EMT one, and of course the family ones. My favorites are the ones put out by local organizations like churches, EMT's, 4-H, because I know they are good recipes that are used often by those people.