Thursday, October 4, 2007

Cutting, cutting, cutting

I seem to be doing nothing but cutting this week. I finally cut out the Bloodchained logo's for the coasters I made for my friend Diane last week. I was chicken to cut out the teeny tiny little black circles so I let her do it. Wow, I know where I'm going next time I need a 3mm circle cut!! She added them to her Fan's Tavern. Now I want to know Diane, for your party have you concocted a Bloodchained Cocktail?




I've also been working on cutting out the pieces for a Halloween Wall hanging that I just HAD to HAVE. Here's what it's going to look like because I bought the fabric kit:



Now, my dilemma is on the dark blue marble for the house and tree, that's a LOT of really little areas to be appliqueing in. Do I do a loose but narrow zig-zag or since it's a wall hanging will the heat and bond just be enough. It's not like I'm ever going to throw it in the wash. I just don't see how my appliqueing would HELP the quilt at all!! And then while I'm at it, maybe I should just leave the rest of the pieces just heat and bonded down? Do I small stipple the background or just leave it alone?


I've also been spending time measuring each strip in my bargello so that I can cut the next two panels up to get them sewn. Since I made up my pattern as I went I really didn't have measurements! It's taking longer than I would have expected. But, I need to do it before I can move on.

2 comments:

Michelle said...

Oh, Jen! The coasters turned out awesome! You are such a thoughful person! Have fun with your halloween kit.

Cindy (aka Peony the House Elf) said...

Loved the coasters. I think I'd leave the wall hanging like it is. Like you said you're never going to wash it and the heat n bond should do the trick/