Sunday, October 28, 2007

Fat Quarter Frenzy

Mom and I went to Fat Quarter Frenzy today at Patched Works. It's a sale that's run about once every quarter year. If you have their special coupon book you get them for $1. So it was time as always to stock up. Of course, I need another fat quarter like I need a hole in my head but they're always good for something and at $1 you can't go wrong.

We also signed up for a completer class on Wednesday night. I'm going to quick throw the bindings on a bunch of Linus Quilts so that I can learn how to join binding the proper way because I just can't figure it out from reading a book.

Since Wednesday is Halloween we're supposed to come to class in costume. Anyone got any good sewing ideas for a costume? So far all I can come up with is "Runs With Scissors." See, I have Michelle's HUGE GOLD SCISSORS that she's lent me for my ribbon cutting ceremony that we're going to have during the quilt retreat for my new sewing studio. So I'm thinking, if I were to wear work out clothes, pin a number on me (It could be like a 500 Yard Fat Quarter Frenzy Dash or something - maybe I could attach a spool of 500 yard thread to me) and go with the scissors and every time I pretend to run I open and close the scissors. Cute or lame? I'd go as a "Stripper" but I'm sure Julie will be pulling out her strip skirt!!

5 comments:

Kristie said...

I think you have a great idea! You know we will need photos!!!!!!
Kristie

quiltin cntrygrl said...

your ideas are always great. I wish that I was going to be home for Halloween. My plan was to watch scary movies and get some sewing done.. but I get to sit in the barracks here in Yuma and wait until they give me the okay to go home. Boy am I burnt out on sudoku puzzles.. I hear there is a quilt that uses Sudoku... I guess it will be a long while before I try that.. Have fun at your costume party.. I guess you could dress up as a pincushion or maybe a scrap basket.. and pin scraps all over your clothes..LOL

Heather

Cindy (aka Peony the House Elf) said...

I like the runs with scissors idea. I have to dig out my costume.

Michelle said...

Run, Forrest, Run! I love your idea, but I also LOVE quilting cntrygrl's idea!

Moneik said...

I love that idea. Sounds way cute. You'll have to show us pictures.